Author Topic: WNW SE.5a of 61 (Home Defense) Sqn. by: LCarroll  (Read 367 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
WNW SE.5a of 61 (Home Defense) Sqn. by: LCarroll
« on: May 02, 2024, 05:02:30 AM »
    I'll join the pack with another of Dave's favorites, we cannot have too many of these for this occasion! I'll be adding HGW fabric belts, a GasPatch Lewis gun, a mix of Eduard and the Kit PE details and Pheon Models Decal Set 32003 for this unique scheme as shown below.

Here's the standard box cover art illustration and contents. I've been saving this Kit for years and it will join my previous one's, McCudden's B4891 with the enlarged cockpit fairing and big LVG spinner and Rhys David's B525 when completed.

I've got an off topic Build to complete over the next month or so and then the Build Log will commence here. This one's for you Dave!
Cheers All,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

Re: WNW SE.5a of 61 (Home Defense) Sqn. by: LCarroll
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 05:36:46 AM »
Awesome choice Lance. If I could afford another WNW SE I would do one in addition to the DR1.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Davos522

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 01:49:57 PM »
Can't wait to see what you do with this kit, Lance. I've always wanted to try doing one of the night-fighter schemes, my son Curt and I were just talking about them last night...

All best,

Dutch

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 05:51:08 PM »
Yer, I just know this will be a good one.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline macsporran

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 06:22:15 PM »
Great choice, Lance. Like Dave, the SE5/5a is my favourite aeroplane of all time - you really cannot have too many.

I've also got the Pheon decal set and one remaining unmade WNW SE, but I've been holding off introducing them to each other - coz once it's done, it's done!

I applaud you taking the plunge and will follow with with great interest.
Sandy

Offline NigelR

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 06:32:03 PM »
Excellent choice, Dave Hooper has built this one in this scheme and it looks fantastic when done.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 12:31:23 AM »
Great choice, Lance. Like Dave, the SE5/5a is my favourite aeroplane of all time - you really cannot have too many.

I've also got the Pheon decal set and one remaining unmade WNW SE, but I've been holding off introducing them to each other - coz once it's done, it's done!

I applaud you taking the plunge and will follow with with great interest.
Sandy

Sandy,
   My thoughts as well; having both a Camel and an Se.5a saved in the Stash to be done as HD Night Fighter versions is great but, as you say, once done they are indeed done! In the former case I hope to convert the Kit to a "Comic" configuration but have considered using one of the Hobby Craft ones from the reserve shelf to preserve a Kit that will not likely ever be replaced. For this Memorial Build, however, I can think of no better an occasion to use this treasured Kit!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline AngryJazz

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2024, 04:16:17 PM »
What a great choice of model  :)
Will definitely be following along with excitement!
//Ben

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2024, 08:20:35 AM »
Great choice Lance, love the chequer scheme too!

Cheers,

BC

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2024, 04:36:42 AM »
Sorry to be a bit late Lance, but I do like your choice of aeroplane and markings. This is going to be a worthy tribute to Dave.

Stephen.