Author Topic: Walkaround photos including interior of TVAL's Fokker E.III  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
Walkaround photos including interior of TVAL's Fokker E.III
« on: August 01, 2023, 07:59:56 PM »
The Vintage Aviator Ltd have finished the first of two Fokker Eindeckers in 1:1 scale. It is authentic in most respects (there is a modern air speed indicator on the left hand side of the instruments, a concession to civil aviation requirements). The engine is a new-build Gnome Monosoupape 9 B2 rotary engine, of which the original Oberursel U.1 was a license built copy. More detail photos to come when the NZ flying season starts in October. I expect it will be flying at the Wings Over Wairarapa airshow in late Nov-23.

I have uploaded a bunch of hi-res images to the album below. Feel free to download any for personal use only, use the small download icon not a right mouse button click or they won't be full resolution.

For those who are unfamiliar with TVAL's interpretation of the colouring, including the diagonal fuselage band of Udet's aircraft, check out the profile of this aircraft that was updated on the WNW website as at March 2020

https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/Fokker-EIII/

Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
Re: Walkaround photos including interior of TVAL's Fokker E.III
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 03:45:26 PM »
Thank you very much James, I've been keenly awaiting your gallery of this magnificent machine!
Zac in NZ

Offline gedmundson

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 11:09:17 AM »
Fantastic and invaluable references. My next builds will definitely benefit. I find it odd that they didn't quite get the cross on the rudder to look like the WW1 version? It actually makes the tail look odd.
Cheers,
Gary

Offline wmcgill

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 06:03:38 PM »
Fantastic and invaluable references. My next builds will definitely benefit. I find it odd that they didn't quite get the cross on the rudder to look like the WW1 version? It actually makes the tail look odd.
Cheers,
Gary

Rudder cross WWI/TVAL...

Offline DaddyO

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2023, 06:27:34 PM »
Fabulous resource James. I might even be tempted to build another one . . . .
Paul
There cannot be a crisis today, my schedule is full