Modelers Lounge > The Nostalgia Board

Nostalgia Treasure Hunts...

<< < (2/2)

KiwiZac:

--- Quote from: gary2seater on March 23, 2023, 03:45:10 PM ---All my childhood plastic models were eventually destroyed in the backyard wars.  Even the NASCAR kits!

--- End quote ---
;D ;D That sort of firework had been phased out in New Zealand around when I started building, and they were so precious to me that when I learned of the US style of play I was horrified!

Brad Cancian:

--- Quote from: Gisbod on March 23, 2023, 04:27:35 PM --- But who colourised the photos for you?  ;D
--- End quote ---

I don't think colourising could do my get-up any justice... besides, it was the '90s. They weren't that long ago.... right?.... right??  Ok, so we're as close to 1993 now as we are to 2053.... food for thought!

To elaborate on the fireworks story, here in Oz we're also not allowed fireworks. When I was about 10 or 11, my mother said to me one day "you've got too many of those plastic model planes, get rid of some of them, I don't care how!". She changed her tune when she saw me running around the back yard with two plastic model planes, one in each hand, literally on fire, making 'taka taka taka' noises, the dog gleefully nipping at my feet...!  ;D : :)

Cheers,

BC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version