Author Topic: New 1/48 resin Mercedes D.III type engines  (Read 1722 times)

guitarlute101

New 1/48 resin Mercedes D.III type engines
« on: October 06, 2015, 01:18:16 AM »
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who is producing high quality 1/48 resin Mercedes D.III Engines other than Vector? Are there any on the horizon?

Mark

Offline Thumbs up

Re: New 1/48 resin Mercedes D.III type engines
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 02:31:18 AM »
Hi Mark,
 Smallstuff might be doing one in the future.

guitarlute101

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 02:39:48 AM »
I talked with Eugeny, he said he is holding off making one right now.

Mark

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 07:40:45 AM »
Mark, both Pavla and Karaya make a Mercedes D.III in 1/48 scale.  The Pavla, like the Vector, is to scale and therefore a bit too large as a drop in replacement for the Eduard engine.  However, the Karaya is a perfect fit.  Of the three, the Pavla is the nicest, imho.
Cheers,
Bud
https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/PAVE4807
https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/KYE4808
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 03:54:34 PM »
the vector and pavla are roden blocks souped up with extra detail. vector is better. they will only fit in roden d.vii fokker kits or the roden junkers d.1 without sliceing and dicing either kit or engine. like bud said the karaya is built on an eduard block so it will fit in the rest of the kits. but none are true representations of 160,180 and/or 200hp versions but are more of a hybrid. ive gotten sick of it and i am going to do a series as accurate as i can but it will be a long process. right not i have a basic block for the 160hp version and have begun working on a cylinder master using a dremel as a lathe. what i am trying to do is make the cylinders as large as poss and still fit on an eduard sized block. ultimately i plan to cast them so i have what i need and if theres interest sell to friends in need. i would like to do a series of 1/48 aircraft engines that are accurate in design yet are drop in replacements for the majority of the kits out there.

guitarlute101

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 09:17:38 PM »
Thanks guys! I appreciate the input.

Keep me updated on your progress Scott.  :)

Mark