Author Topic: Completed Roden Siemens Schucket D.III  (Read 1837 times)

Offline MikeH

Completed Roden Siemens Schucket D.III
« on: November 05, 2023, 05:43:57 AM »
Hi all, this is my finished Roden model. Mostly OOB with some after market added details. The finish represents Leutnant Vallendors kite of Jasta 15.

Cheers, Mike

Online Davos522

Re: Completed Roden Siemens Schucket D.III
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 09:55:36 AM »
Really pretty model, Mike, that scheme is absolutely lovely. Is that the Roden lozenge?

I'm thinking of ordering this kit, what's your thoughts on it overall? Did you experience the same upper-deck fit issues that Tim Mixon had on his recent build?

Dutch
(Sorry to bombard you with questions :) )

Offline MikeH

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 11:27:48 AM »
Hi Dutch,

Thanks for your comment. In fact it's only the second 1/32 scale WWI kit I've ever made.

Yes it is the Roden Lozenge, in fact it went on really well and I was quite surprised after reading all the bad reports about their decals, however I did give up on using their strut decals and just went for the Prussian blue paint job on those. The front upper decking is a little troublesome to fit, but using a few elastic bands and some gentle sanding you can get it into shape.

Overall it's a nice kit but with only a few marking schemes to chose from.

Online Davos522

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 12:57:27 PM »
Mike, I'm going hand-to-hand with the Amodel Nieuport 16c, which is sort of like the Aurora/SMER N.11 blown up to 1:32 (well, that may be a slight exaggeration, but only slight) so it sounds like the SS D.III would be a step up. Thanks for the info, and again, it looks like you really did a great job with it.

All best,

Dutch

Offline NigelR

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 05:25:17 PM »
It looks very nice, although the photos are a bit small. Some bigger ones would help...... ;)

Offline MikeH

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2023, 12:25:32 AM »
It looks very nice, although the photos are a bit small. Some bigger ones would help...... ;)

I wish I could post some larger pictures, but these seem to be the size that the site accepts

Online macsporran

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2023, 01:24:40 AM »
Nice model, Mike, I haven't started mine yet but I'm hearing your comments that the decals are OK. Roden gets a really bad press on some of these and I think it's a few bad apples that put people of otherwise excellent kits. I like your colourful scheme.
Sandy

Offline MikeH

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2023, 02:36:51 AM »
Nice model, Mike, I haven't started mine yet but I'm hearing your comments that the decals are OK. Roden gets a really bad press on some of these and I think it's a few bad apples that put people of otherwise excellent kits. I like your colourful scheme.
Sandy

Thanks for you compliment Sandy. I use "Postimage" to load pictures and I think if you wish to see a larger image all you have to do is right click it and open in new tab and it will show it at a larger size.

Mike

Online Davos522

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 04:32:36 AM »
Hi Mike, I use PostImage also, there's a trick to getting the image to show up larger on the forum that Rick/RAGIII taught me when I first started posting. If you want send me a PM and I'll pass it along.

Dutch

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2023, 06:45:51 AM »
Lovely colourful model. Good to read that Roden is getting a good press - because it produces some very interesting types.

Stephen.

Offline DaveB

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2023, 09:07:59 PM »
Your pictures are a bit small but from what I can see you have built a lovely looking SSW DIII and I like the colour marking scheme too.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 09:16:40 PM »
Your pictures are a bit small but from what I can see you have built a lovely looking SSW DIII and I like the colour marking scheme too.

Regards

Dave

Yes, please, do yourself, your model and us a favour and show larger photos.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline MikeH

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2023, 01:49:32 AM »
Thanks to Dutch, I'm trying out his way of uploading larger pictures ...... so let's see if it works.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 02:00:34 AM by MikeH »

Online Davos522

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2023, 02:07:29 AM »
Looks awesome from here, Mike! And again, great job on this build. I'm definitely going to have to order one...

Dutch

Offline NigelR

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2023, 06:46:50 PM »
That's better! I can see it now ;) Very nice build.