WW1 Airshows and Model Shows > WW1 Aircraft Airshows

Rhinebeck NY Aerodrome

(1/3) > >>

Ken:
A visit to Rhinebeck is well worth the trip.   You can take a ride in the Pitcarin mail plane.  My son and I and a friend who took most of these photos. 

lcarroll:
Ken, Now that is impressive! Beautiful setting, better aircraft, and thank you for sharing the experience and the photos.
Cheers,
Lance :)

Trackpad:
Nice to see that Rhinebeck is still going strong. I visited it in 1974 and got a souvenir pennant autographed by Cole Palen and Dave King, two of the founders. Still have the pennant, displayed in my modelling cave! Long time ago, but the memory is very clear.  8)

JoeDxMB:
Excellent pics .  :)
The Aerodrome is only about 50 miles up the Hudson from me and I plan on going up there in sept for their annual WW1/vintage  RC aircraft weekened in sept.

FWIW .......
The Jenny is the only airworthy,  all original Hisso powered Jenny in existance. It is beautiful! :)

On a sadder note, the Albie DV.a.......  although a repo, it is exceptional and was a quite dramatic sight in the air.
It was taken out of service about 3 years ago for a rebuild but nothing has been done yet .  It would be a shame  if its fate is to become a permanant  static display exhibit like the fate suffered by their  all original Morane Sauliner A-1  that used to fly at the Aerodrome .  :(

BTW, I see that  they now have the Marane Sauliner-N repainted/refurbished  and on display outside.  It was converted from another original  incomplete A-1 but it has never flown. It was in very poor cosmetic shape when it was in the "museum" but, it looks great now.  :)

GAJouette:
  Ken,
Wow wonderful photos my friend,thank you so much for posting these gems for us all to enjoy. What a beautiful sight it must be to see any of these kites airborne.

@ Joe,
Many thanks for the information you've shared. I' quite happy to hear there's still an all original Hisso powered Jenny airworthy. I'd really love to take some detail photos of that rare bird.

Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version