Author Topic: Still Not Done!  (Read 6364 times)

Offline Trackpad

Re: Still Not Done!
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2016, 10:25:15 AM »
Beautiful work on the propeller Gary, and as far as the red bands go I can't help you.

Des.

Thanks, Des. And don't worry about the red bands: I'll still remain a Forumite!  ;)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2016, 06:50:36 PM »
Thank you for showing and building this plane. I think it is the most interesting plane in regard of the motor.
Just keep on modelling! You will finish it.
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2016, 10:52:45 PM »
Thanks, Manni, for your visit and for your confidence!  :)

I managed to get a small start on the rigging last night, and that will be the main effort for now.
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2016, 12:07:56 AM »
   Looking very fine Gary, that Micro Group prop is a real jewel and you've finished it beautifully. I'm leaning more towards our second guess on the red prop bands; possibly they were an earlier version of the later common yellow prop tips which made them more visible for ground personnel's safety.......
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2016, 01:16:59 AM »
Thanks, Lance. The prop is a very nice article. I have two others in the cache, aimed at both the Sopwith Triplane and the SE5a. But no side trips to those two until I finish the couple I'm travelling on now...! 

We can hold on to our "Red Stripe" theory until someone comes up with another!  :D
Cheers!
Gary

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2016, 01:35:17 AM »
That prop looks amazing, Gary, even with that inexplicable red blemish.  ;) Where does one get those Micro Group props?  Do they have a website?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 03:36:37 AM »
Hi, Bud,

The cards in my two unused props give an email address ([email protected]), and a phone number (253-854-3702). No website in evidence.

An Aeroscale Review: http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=9748

A Hampton Roads Review: http://hamptonroadsscalemodelers.com/product-news-handmade-wooden-propellers/

Hope this helps, my friend!  8)
Cheers!
Gary

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2016, 04:45:12 AM »
Cheers!
Gary

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2016, 06:25:03 AM »
Thanks, Gary!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2016, 06:57:45 AM »
Thanks, Gary!
Cheers,
Bud

You are most welcome, Sir!  8)
Cheers!
Gary

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2016, 02:02:19 PM »
Hi,  Just a short update to say that the EZ Line rigging has started. The initial attachments are shown with about 40% of the lines in place on the underside of the upper wing. With all in place, the Biff gets turned over and the lines are attached to the anchor points on the upper surface of the lower wing. It's slow going, what with a number of around-the-house chores to do, but progress is being made. And I'm still having fun!

Thanks for visiting!  8)

Cheers!
Gary

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2016, 02:15:17 PM »
Really gorgeous, Gary!  The underside looks spectacular!  I need to build one of these.

Cheers,
Bud

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2016, 10:54:47 PM »
Hi, Bud! Thanks for visiting. Yes, the WNW Biff is quite a good model (aren't they all?  :)) I'm sure that you'd enjoy the build. And thanks for your very kind support!  8)
Cheers!
Gary

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2016, 11:04:07 PM »
Really gorgeous, Gary!  The underside looks spectacular!  I need to build one of these.

Cheers,
Bud

I agree completely with my Amigo on all counts...and I have it in the stash now  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2016, 06:42:46 AM »
I'm inspired to whip out my Biff!
Watch this space  8)

Lovely work, Gary  :)

vB