Author Topic: CSM Rumpler 6.B1 float plane  (Read 11124 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: CSM Rumpler 6.B1 float plane
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2020, 01:36:09 PM »
Okay , this has ended up back in a box and on the cornor of the work bench . While working on the float struts I ended up bending two of the pins out ruining the strut ripping the plastic in a worse way . I don't have spare contrail strut to make a new one . So until I can get a replace strip or the right size brass tubing or even a giant pain of green hands so I smash this thing and call it a puny airplane !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Robin

« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2020, 11:18:06 PM »
Aw. :(

Don't you dare! Sit on your hands and leave it alone for now.

Consider Albion Alloys brass tubes...great stuff. :)
https://www.albionhobbies.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/AA-Precision-Metals-2014-4pp.pdf

Robin
Found my mojo and clipped it's wings, so it won't fly away.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2020, 12:14:02 AM »
Hi Robin ! No worries , it won't be sitting for another 3 years like before . It will be finished . Thanks for the link as well . I get my brass tubing through Hannants . I do have other contrail strut , just not the size I need . If I use a smaller diameter it won't have the strength needed ( resin is very heavy ) .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2020, 08:49:12 AM »
Terri you have been here many times before as I recall.... Just wait a few days to calm down and then come to the problem again with a new pair of eyes and before you know it this will be finished and another excellent and unusual type added to your collection. When my language turns to a darker shade of blue I have to remind myself that I wanted a challenge - after all there is no point in modelling without one - at least not in my opinion!

Stephen.

Offline FAf

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2020, 09:20:48 AM »
And when you return to the build, we'll all be here to see you reach the finish line! No pressure! 😊
/Fredrik

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2020, 12:07:24 PM »
Thank you Stephen and Fredrik for the support .  :)

Stephen , either way it is going to be more than a few days before I can get back to it once again , but it will get done . It's not a race I figure and if it takes me longer ..well so be it . Just hope that there will be no more mishaps with the finishing bits .In the meantime I'm deciding if I should pick up another shelf queen or start a new WW1 project .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2020, 12:20:31 AM »
Sorry about your Strut mishap T! I am sure whatever you start next will be great! I also will be on the lookout for when you return to this Beauty!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2020, 10:30:21 AM »
Thanks Rick , will be back at it hopefully by next weekend . Made contact with a friend and some contrail strut is on it's way !!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Bughunter

« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2020, 07:54:06 AM »
Sorry about your Strut mishap T!
Yep, struts are always problematic, especially if they are in scale.

Terri, I hope you will be able to finish it one (not so far away) day ;)

All the best,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2020, 12:02:10 PM »
Will be back on her this weeked Frank . My struts where in today's mail !!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  X a whole bunch more !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2020, 05:45:21 AM »
Back on track and got the new strut made . I still need to add the pins and paint them . The joins have been filled with a thick ca and already sanded back to smooth them out .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2020, 05:45:48 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2020, 01:18:26 AM »
Nice work on the strut T! Looking forward to the next update!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2020, 03:29:34 AM »
Good to see that you have picked this one up again. Final straight now Terri - you can finish thia one and take it off the shelf and put it inot the cabinet.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2020, 04:09:38 AM »
Thanks Rick and Stephen , she is getting closer on crossing that finish line . Float struts for the fuselage are now in place . The one float is just resting in place for test fitting the outer float/wing struts and we have success there  ;D I do have to change the mounting holes in the other float . It sits just to far forward by 2.5mm . However , she does sit level !!! This was a challenge with all the warpage and twistiness .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch