Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 366539 times)

mike in calif

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #390 on: October 29, 2013, 02:07:20 PM »
Holy Shmokies Andi! What a haul! Great kits from WNW and the 3 RoG kits are very nice kits. There is a resin canopy for the Arado if you want, lots of conversion bits for the Ju, and the -109 is a good kit, but requires some 109 knowledge. A nice haul though.

mike in calif

« Reply #391 on: October 29, 2013, 02:11:25 PM »
I stopped in the LHS, and found some Xtra color paints. Very cool. The chap that works there added that there was a box of other colors; I found 3 tins of a light cream, 3 tins of cammo green, 3 tins of underside blue; all German, and a tin of interior Russki blue for a MiG 21 I have in the stash. I usually don't see this sort of stuff, so I thought it was pretty cool.

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #392 on: November 07, 2013, 07:35:08 AM »
WNW E.1 :)

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #393 on: November 16, 2013, 06:49:27 AM »
Oh yes!  8)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

« Reply #394 on: November 16, 2013, 08:13:07 AM »
WNW Bristol F2b :) and a couple of Windsock datafiles...

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #395 on: November 17, 2013, 07:22:57 PM »
Good one Ian, I still regard the WnW Bristol F2b fighter as their best kit ever.

My latest acquisition - three sheets of Bob's "strippers", one each of 0.5mm, 0.75mm and 1.0mm.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline IanB

« Reply #396 on: November 18, 2013, 02:06:45 AM »
I've just splashed out again on ebay - this time for an Olimp 1:72 Curtiss Jenny and some Orion Miniatures night lozenge for the Staaken. The lozenge is very nice indeed, printed by Microscale, and looks so much better than the original Roden lozenge (see pics!).
 I'm also quite impressed with the Olimp Jenny. The detail is very subtle and it should build up into a very nice model....

Here's the Roden lozenge:

and the Orion lozenge:

Ian

« Reply #397 on: November 19, 2013, 04:39:09 AM »
Good one Ian, I still regard the WnW Bristol F2b fighter as their best kit ever.

My latest acquisition - three sheets of Bob's "strippers", one each of 0.5mm, 0.75mm and 1.0mm.

Des.

That reminds me, I had those strips too...

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #398 on: November 19, 2013, 01:39:29 PM »
That Jenny looks like a nice kit and the decals look good too. I'm not familiar with Orion Decals. Are they new?

Offline Andi Little

« Reply #399 on: November 22, 2013, 12:54:35 AM »
Latest items to beat a path to my door...................

The continuation of my German aircraft collection, a couple of Fockers to join my stash. What's to say; - they're mint, they're Wingnut Wings ... what's not to like?

Now, that Air modellers Volume one book ................ Hmmmm!

Now, don't get me wrong ... and I know you are a loyal bunch so nobody please shout at me!!
But, I am a little disappointed - actually No, I'm a lot disappointed ...... and not with the book or it's contents, that appears (only flicked through it yet) as good as I'm led to believe.
But rather the process of it's acquirement. I could of kicked myself when I realised that because I'd prevaricated there appeared non left - searched and searched and found that Nordland models had a few - and on offer! Wow, how lucky was that?
Well I read through best I could the buying process, and realising that they would tell me by e-mail the final price.
Unfortunately "Telford" fell in between and my lack of understanding as to the process of payment - enquired with an e-mail and received by return a quick note informing me that things would be picked up again after the show - no problem. And so it came to pass that a week after the show I got a mail telling me the full price .... and frankly I was shocked by it. TWICE what it featured on the website as, so as much again to ship it to the UK.
I thought about it some, decided that I really did want it and I should honour my order (it was the Gentlemanly thing to do). So I wrote and told them of my surprise, but sent payment anyway and confirmed the order. My feathers were a little ruffled but I'd made peace with myself about it.
It arrived today - I was excited ... till I opened the envelope - all four corners are bruised, one so badly it's broken the spine. And there is a VERY bad scrawp/scrape mark across the face  that is so heavy that the inner pages have exchanged inks.

It's still a great book, and will be a valuable reference ... but at a few pence shy of thirty bliddy quid - I am to say the least a bit wary of ordering anything else ... and that's a shame as there was quite a bit of stuff I've seen used around these pages that I would like to have had a go with myself.

And please let me reiterate ........... I'm not hopping mad or having a rant ... just trying to explain how and why my purchasing experience was less than the happy transaction I was hoping it would be!!

Normal service will now be resumed.
KBO ............. Andi.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #400 on: November 22, 2013, 10:08:18 AM »
This package from Greece with really cool postage stamps just arrived in my mail box.

Ordered on the 14th, shipped on the 15th, arrived on the 21st.  Pretty excellent service, I would say. 

Thanks, Costas!  This is a phenomenal kit.  I have over 250 1/48 scale WWI kits in my stash and this is, by far, the best of the lot.  Please, keep 'em coming, buddy!
Cheers,
Bud
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 11:05:34 AM by coyotemagic »
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline IanB

« Reply #401 on: November 22, 2013, 01:03:19 PM »
@ Rob
 I'm not sure how long Orion Miniatures have been around, but the decals are flawless! Here's a link to their website:
http://www.orionminiatures.com/

I got lucky and picked up the full limited edition set for US$65!

OK, it's almost as much as the Staaken kit (I got lucky there too, and picked one up on ebay for US$55 including postage!) making it a US$120 1:72 scale kit - but if you're going to do it, you might as well do it properly! Plus it's such a huge improvement, and so visual, that it really can't be neglected....

The Jenny is also a nice little kit and as you can see, the 2 detail sprues are the same, so lots of spares!

Ian

Offline Adam

« Reply #402 on: November 26, 2013, 11:46:20 PM »
Yesterday, when I returned home from my business trip,  I found in my workshop such a small package .  ;D

I started briskly to open it and my eyes appeared the view . ;D

The whole package looks like this:  ;D ;D ;D

Model Fokker E III

is a birthday gift from my wife  ;D

Because before I bought this engine .

This is probably the E III will go first .
The second model I bought by the way, but the I heard a rumor, that my family wanted me to buy it as a birthday gift .

Adam .

PS my wife begins to like Gotha IV with WNW and I really like it for a long time . Who knows ::)

Offline Adam

« Reply #403 on: November 27, 2013, 03:28:53 AM »
What fun, happy Birthday Adam!

Thank you Bo.  :)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #404 on: November 27, 2013, 06:42:17 AM »
Well done Adam, and you never know what you might find under the Christmas tree  ;) ;)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com