Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 366551 times)

Offline Old Man

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #300 on: June 22, 2013, 12:03:53 AM »
Strictly speaking, not quite on-topic: a Roden N.24 (1/72 of course), with the Rising Decals 'Early Birds' sheet, to build it as a Japanese Ko-3, circa 1921-22.

Offline Fred

« Reply #301 on: June 22, 2013, 10:57:41 PM »
Hello all

Just a snap at part of my stash.

I've only been collecting WW1 aircraft for a few weeks but have been bitten by the bug and have the fever!! I can't wait to order my first lot of WnW models. Am fully addicted!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:45:27 AM by Fred Massimino »
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
— Gen. James N. Mattis USMC

Offline Jacek

« Reply #302 on: June 25, 2013, 02:04:30 AM »
My first WNW set.   My hands are shaking from the impressions :)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #303 on: June 25, 2013, 02:57:04 AM »
My first WNW set.   My hands are shaking from the impressions :)

This is probably the most difficult WNW kit, now. When you see how high is the bar hung: by Bo Monroe here and Bertl at The Great War in the Air forum... I express my sincere condolences...  ;D
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Jacek

« Reply #304 on: June 25, 2013, 04:17:23 AM »
I express my sincere condolences...  ;D

Fortunately, I have someone pry :) http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=328.0

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #305 on: June 25, 2013, 05:41:47 AM »
Just got my Air Modellers Guide to WNW volume 1. Very well done. - Hansa Brandenburg, Se5a, Roland, RE8, DVa, Pup, Gotha and a tips/hints section.

Steve

Offline michael

« Reply #306 on: June 25, 2013, 05:54:53 AM »
got this beauty last week  :) and whats more it came in under the customs radar  :) :) :) ;)

michael
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #307 on: June 25, 2013, 01:48:11 PM »
Just got my Air Modellers Guide to WNW volume 1. Very well done. - Hansa Brandenburg, Se5a, Roland, RE8, DVa, Pup, Gotha and a tips/hints section.

Steve

What are your thoughts on that guide, Steve? I saw a review elsewhere but I'd be interested in what you have to say about it. Is it kind of a detailed build log in print form, or is it more of a "Behold, mere mortals what I hath created! Tremble before it's awesomeness!"?

I'd consider it if it was the former. The latter I can get here minus the God complex.

Thanks,

Lindsay

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #308 on: June 25, 2013, 09:36:14 PM »
My 1/72 DR1 sheet arrived today from Rowan. I am amazed by all the marking options included in the set. I'm going to have to grab 3 or 4 Revell DR1's now!  I love the many schemes German aircraft had, I guess that's why I'm hooked on them. 

The DR1 measures around 3 inches, so I might find room to build the whole set included on the sheet! :)  Thanks Rowan!

Oh yeah, the Junkers and Brisfit came today too. ;)

Before you invest in Revells Dr.I I would suggest you to consider Eduard's kits. They are much better in my opinion, and they are also tiny!  ;)

And well, Rowan does not cease to amaze us with his offerings, every single decal set is so rich, that it makes you think of building a whole line-up of similar machines.

I think the Revell 1:71 Dr1 is an Eduard molding.  OK you don't get any PE extras with the Revell kit, but it is very inexpensive, quick and easy to build.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #309 on: June 25, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »
My 1/72 DR1 sheet arrived today from Rowan. I am amazed by all the marking options included in the set. I'm going to have to grab 3 or 4 Revell DR1's now!  I love the many schemes German aircraft had, I guess that's why I'm hooked on them. 

The DR1 measures around 3 inches, so I might find room to build the whole set included on the sheet! :)  Thanks Rowan!

Oh yeah, the Junkers and Brisfit came today too. ;)

Before you invest in Revells Dr.I I would suggest you to consider Eduard's kits. They are much better in my opinion, and they are also tiny!  ;)

And well, Rowan does not cease to amaze us with his offerings, every single decal set is so rich, that it makes you think of building a whole line-up of similar machines.

I think the Revell 1:71 Dr1 is an Eduard molding.  OK you don't get any PE extras with the Revell kit, but it is very inexpensive, quick and easy to build.

I does not seem so, the parts layout in the sprues differs between Eduard and Revell. My opinion is based mainly on the rib texture of the wings, for my eye Revell has deeper trenches.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #310 on: June 27, 2013, 03:40:54 AM »
Perhaps not in 1:72 then, but the Revell 1:48 Dr1 is a re-boxed Eduard molding, the "Eduard" is stamped onto the Revell sprue!  I have both manufacturer's 1:48 options in my stash.

Offline Fred

« Reply #311 on: June 28, 2013, 01:38:18 AM »
A few more acquired this week.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
— Gen. James N. Mattis USMC

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #312 on: July 07, 2013, 01:58:27 AM »
  ;DThat should keep you occupied for a while, Fred.

I've got a couple coming...Eduard's Albatros D.III Prof.
and a Nieuport 11 weekend edition.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #313 on: July 07, 2013, 02:19:51 AM »
Quite a haul, Fred!  Your stash is starting to look like mine.  Just for future reference, you can pick up those Roden kits for about half the price here:
http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Model_Aircraft/browse.php?s=0&t=0&pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber&so=a&era=0,5&sc=48&man=ROD
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #314 on: July 07, 2013, 02:30:06 AM »
Great prices there and reasonable shipping to Canada. I only wish they used Paypal for Canada.

Steve