Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 366798 times)

Offline gcn

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #195 on: February 05, 2013, 09:00:44 PM »
Ian - I'm finding that with the DH2. There's nothing complicated about the rigging at all, just there's a lot of it and once you have worked out where everything goes it is relatively straightforward.

I have to say I enjoy rigging, tedious it may be but rewarding it is.

I've just purchased 4 WNW kits direct from NZ and couldn't resist a relitively good price on an Ebay auction for an Albatros yesterday so the Fe2b may be a way off but I have a feeling it will sell out at some time and I dont want to miss out.

Maybe next month  :D

Gary

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #196 on: February 05, 2013, 09:23:18 PM »
I'm with you on this one Gary, I love doing the rigging, the more complex the better. I thoroughly enjoyed rigging my DH.2, the Voisin III and the Taube, even though not as complicated the Bristol F.2b was a joy to rig as well, I find the rigging to be the best part of WW1 aircraft modeling.

I was informed today that my Snipe is on it's way from NZ, hopefully it will be on my work bench in a few days.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #197 on: February 05, 2013, 09:26:52 PM »
................ I have to say I enjoy rigging, tedious it may be but rewarding it is.
Gary

Watching too much of Star Wars you have been!

Gary, Jedi master of rigging he is!
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline drdave

« Reply #198 on: February 07, 2013, 02:57:09 AM »
You have to love the rigging. It's the only way. A friend of mind who cycles a lot says " you have to LOVE the hills!"  ;) ;D

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #199 on: February 09, 2013, 05:00:41 AM »
My latest additions to the stash. I had been on the lookout for these re-tooled versions and recently was able to purchase them from other Members here in the Forum.

This may precipitate a Camel release by the good folks at Wingnut Wings; if not they'll receive a lot of additions and I'll have Camels in my collection. Reasonably nice Kits and a lot of great builds out there to reference, about as close to a Scratch Built project as I'll ever venture!
Cheers,
Lance 8)

Offline Modelnut

« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2013, 02:40:33 PM »
I picked up Airfixes Handley Page 0/400 in 1/72 today. It will be my first bomber and my first Airfix kit. This bird is going to dwarf all my little 3" fighters in the same scale!

I printed a couple of Build-a-Longs from the Net to help me out. I need to find a Humbrol color chart for my painting. 

Any tips or warnings much appriciated by anyone who has built this kit anyway.

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2013, 12:40:14 AM »
I just purchased Osprey's Aircraft of the Aces book  featuring Austro-Hungarian aircraft for $18.95! Pretty stoked about it.
Next months purchase WnW Hannover CL.II also a piece of camera equipment.
Finally, If could purchase spring time weather I'd do it in a heartbeat!
Steve

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2013, 01:31:36 AM »
I just purchased Osprey's Aircraft of the Aces book  featuring Austro-Hungarian aircraft for $18.95! Pretty stoked about it.
Next months purchase WnW Hannover CL.II also a piece of camera equipment.
Finally, If could purchase spring time weather I'd do it in a heartbeat!
Steve

Amen to the Spring weather Steve. You must have got "whacked" by the latest one blowing through or, hopefully, the worst was east of you. We are having unusually high amounts of snow here in a normally dry and cold Winter area, getting mighty tired of pushing the white stuff into piles and following the snow blower around, cuts modelling time significantly!  :'( >:(
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2013, 11:50:16 AM »
Oh yes we missed this last blast. It rained most of the day. Not much snow left just icey roads and no blue ski >:(
Steve

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #204 on: February 11, 2013, 01:13:03 PM »
My Snipe arrived today, to say I am impressed with the kit is an understatement, it is brilliant. Wingnut's have again excelled with the quality of the mouldings, the detail and as usual, an outstanding instruction booklet. Each new release just gets better and better. I have shelved my Huck Starter and will be building the Snipe as of today.

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline michael

« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2013, 01:45:50 AM »
hells teeth they will take some getting through, he says turning green with envy!

michael
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2013, 04:44:11 AM »
This lot finally arrived this morning from New Zealand after a 6 week wait:

With a bit of luck I should be able to start building again in a couple of weeks - yipee!!!!!

...and in other news, the health of the global economy took a dramatic turn for the better, mainly on positive news from the New Zealand export sector. Over to Ken at the sports desk...

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2013, 08:30:06 AM »
Well, get crackin' then, Dekenba.  Which is up first?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Modelnut

« Reply #208 on: February 12, 2013, 09:09:56 AM »
I bought 6 together to save money.

Honest.

I get hit with 20% VAT plus an £8 charge for every package I receive from outside the EU.

So by ordering six, I saved 5 x £8 = £40 - in effect, a free kit, so I got six kits for the price of 5 if ordered individually!

Plus, as an extra bonus, customs under-charged me on the VAT.

Customs will make up for their oversite eventually. Stay deligent! :)

Marvellous.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #209 on: February 12, 2013, 10:03:26 AM »
...and in other news, the health of the global economy took a dramatic turn for the better, mainly on positive news from the New Zealand export sector. Over to Ken at the sports desk...

Now that's funny!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.