Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 366823 times)

Offline Tony Haycock

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2012, 03:09:00 PM »
So much for a cheap weekend at Masterton for the TVAL airshow doing a small amout of work and a lot of watching aeroplanes. An Eindekker (late version) found it's way into the back of the car before the end of the day. Still haven't finished my Albatros yet but with foot surgery looming at the end of the month I might have a bit of down time to finish that and look at the next project. Gotha, FE2(late), RE8 and now Eindekker sit in the stack. I am thinking Eindekker as the most simple of those in the queue... now need an early FE as well as I was lucky enough to fill the front cockpit of it on Friday night for a two FE air-to air photo shoot.   

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2012, 06:07:57 AM »
Japo Aviatik DI DII book.

Steve

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2012, 07:02:16 AM »
Steve, how much did th JaPo book cost? The last time I saw one on Amazon it was $100USD!
Steve

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2012, 10:00:57 AM »
Off the shelf at Aviation World Toronto - $49.95C but it was the only copy. Its very good.

Steve

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2012, 03:56:17 AM »
I really need to find copies of JaPo A-H a/c booklets. Three came up on Amazon this year for $100USD. Two were in my home state of Minnesota too!
Steve

Offline drdave

« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2012, 06:31:40 AM »
I bought the A2Zee M1c, The 2 WNW Pfalzs and DH2 and a Tripe. HGW masks coming and some Master Spandaus.

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2012, 03:34:48 PM »
Black Fokker Leader as recommended here and the Airship VC

Steve

Offline Vickers

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2012, 08:52:13 PM »
I just received a notice from WNW that one of their Sopwith Triplanes is headed my way.  One of my favorites and highly anticipated; now, about that Snipe...
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2012, 03:22:55 AM »
Thats a reasonable price for those kits - thats about $39Canadian each. We are paying $60+ here unless you go thru an online source. Enjoy!!!

Steve

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2012, 09:38:16 AM »
Just got the Pheon 1/32 Sopwith Trip and vol3 of the Alby. They are both fabulous and arrived within a week of payment. Thanks Rowan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2012, 02:21:53 PM »
After hours of Christmas trolling on evil-bay I stubbled across a copy of JaPo's Oeffag Albie dos and tres! The best price ever $33 with shipping. Feeling pretty good up here.  ::) Steve

Offline pepperman42

« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2012, 11:28:19 PM »
I buy what appeals which is pretty much everything WNW puts out but I find myself buying more reference material these days.

Steve

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2012, 02:42:05 AM »

What do people here tend to buy - do you buy loads of a particular model, or do you spread it more thinly as I have?

Wow! That's a huge order. I sure hope you don't get tapped by the Customs boys when it arrives. At times in the past, I'd buy two kits of a model if it was one that really appealed to me. I'd build one and keep the other in stock. When I was doing AFV conversions, I'd buy multiples of specific kits so I'd have a stock of parts to use. Since gaining an interest in building aircraft (very late in the game I might add), I've managed to restrain myself to one kit of a particular subject . . . umm . . . except for the WnW Pup!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2012, 11:20:03 AM »
 Wow Dekenba that's one impressive order my friend. Your good to go for several Christmas' and birthdays too. Or at least until the next WNW release. Looking forward to seeing some impressive build threads in the future.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2012, 12:36:43 PM »
I agree Steve. Never enough refetence material. Today my JaPo booklet arrived. Something caught my eye on page 30 is a photo of man holding a Heinecke parachute which is lozenge. The question is it the A-H sworl pattern or something else. New to me.
Steve :)