Author Topic: The Hannover CL series by Harry Woodman, with some posters  (Read 3793 times)

Online Mattrix25

Re: The Hannover CL series by Harry Woodman, with some posters
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 01:20:34 AM »
YES  ... PLEASE !

Offline AROTH

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 01:31:25 PM »
Absolutely....

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 01:48:45 AM »
Ray,
Somehow missed your question. Like the others I am in for a copy.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

WarrenD

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 11:15:39 PM »
I realise that with such great kits around these days, the art of scratch-building may no longer be forefront in many minds-nevertheless I would be interested to have your thoughts guys...
Ray R.

I'm in, and here's why. (Apologies for my long-windiness.)

When I moved up here to Kentucky, I started working at construction. After a couple of years, an opportunity came along for a dream job: interpretive historian at a mid-19th c. working farm/living history site. For the next two years, much of my days was spent hauling logs with teams of oxen, splitting said logs into fence rails, and working with axe, handsaws, and other period hand tools to turn same into roof boards/shakes/shingles, timbers for timber-framing, and other period construction projects. I still did some construction on the side, and back to it full time after a lay-off. My boss remarked on how much my construction skills had improved after working at the historic site.
What does this have to do with Sir Harry's book?  Practicing these skills, scratch-building, even if it is only a small side project, makes up better "kit assemblers" of WNW kits, etc. Now that's just my opinion, but I think the analogy holds up.

BTW, I'm in for a copy too.

Warren