Author Topic: Wingnut Wings has been permanently closed down  (Read 40841 times)

Offline jeroen_R90S

Re: Wingnut Wings has been permanently closed down
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2020, 10:56:50 PM »
Another worry that I just thought of is that the WnW website will disappear - you can't save images off the website only links to them. those links don't work if the site closes...There is so much reference material here... :(

You can right-click on a thumbnail and open in a new tab (or use the scroll wheel button of you use a normal mouse), you can then view only the image and save it.
Alternatively you can disable Flash and the "album" script won't work.

BTW, the images for the "disappeared" pages for the Dr.I/F.Is can still be seen on the "overall" gallery. Also don't forget they secretly add images later on, as there are now some great shots of 185th Aero Sqn Camels on the USAS-Camel page, as well as some neat shots of the late Rumpler with the beetle scheme that definately weren't there before.

Jeroen

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2020, 02:40:10 AM »
I just had a thought: what about some of the kits that WNW was selling exclusively? 

I am thinking specifically of the Albatros DV "Bavarians" boxing; you could only get that directly through WNW, and now they have stopped taking orders.  I'm pretty sure that kit never "sold out" so there is probably an inventory of those kits sitting in the warehouse in NZ, but with no buyers for them b/c they aren't accepting orders.

Those kits will surely work through their distribution channels and show up at Sprue Brothers or Hannants, won't they?

Can't imagine them being set on fire.

I would love one of those boxings and intended to get one, but never did.  I already had several other Albatros boxings and I just never pulled the trigger!

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2020, 03:49:36 PM »
assuming WNW are either sold or in the process of being sold (speculation) they'd probably be more likely to sell off the inventory from the e-store than distribute via Hannant's.

either way i'm hoping to score 3 OAW Fokker sprues, D.VIIs to put 'em in, and a Junkers D.1. we'll see what happens. i expect they'll turn up in some form, doesn't make sense to burn a pile of money.

Offline Dwaynewilly

« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2020, 09:08:11 PM »
Have you received an email from Rachelle Andrews over at [email protected]?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in placing an order
with WingNut Wings.

We just wanted to acknowledge receipt and
confirm that we'll be in touch when we're in a
position to resume sales.

Best wishes,

WingNut Wings

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2020, 09:13:54 PM »
Yes, I have. And so have many others reporting it on FB.
There is some life down there in Miramar...
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Dekenba1

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2020, 10:09:15 PM »
I bet there are a few WNW owning people today who wish they had not paid £288 for an SE.5a......

Offline Ryan

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2020, 11:32:21 PM »
Have you received an email from Rachelle Andrews over at [email protected]?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in placing an order
with WingNut Wings.

We just wanted to acknowledge receipt and
confirm that we'll be in touch when we're in a
position to resume sales.

Best wishes,

WingNut Wings

Yes I have received this message.
In Progress: 1/32 Albatross DV (Richthofen); 1/32 Morane Saulnier Type N; 1/32 Sopwith Pup
Upcoming: Not sure!

Offline petrov27

« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2020, 12:48:54 AM »
I bet there are a few WNW owning people today who wish they had not paid £288 for an SE.5a......

Isn't that kit long OOP regardless if WNW is dead and gone? I mean if they come back online tomorrow I don't think they are gonna have stacks of SE5a all of a sudden?

-Patrick

Offline fruibal

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2020, 01:24:45 AM »
About the email from Rachelle Andrews from WNW, is it going to resume sales for final inventory or it is going to resume sales as normal business? There's so much red tape and secrecy with this Company,  I wish they would be more transparent. If somebody from the forum can respond

Offline eclarson

« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2020, 01:27:52 AM »

Isn't that kit long OOP regardless if WNW is dead and gone? I mean if they come back online tomorrow I don't think they are gonna have stacks of SE5a all of a sudden?

Correct,  The SE.5a has been sold out for over 2 years. 

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3

Eric

Offline Marcus.Q1000859

« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2020, 07:02:24 AM »
About the email from Rachelle Andrews from WNW, is it going to resume sales for final inventory or it is going to resume sales as normal business? There's so much red tape and secrecy with this Company,  I wish they would be more transparent. If somebody from the forum can respond

As I understand it, I admit to understanding very little, PJ and Fran jointly own the companies that are 'WingNut - something' + TVAL, these are non listed private, companies with their associated levels of disclosure,
Those companies he founded that are 'Weta - Something' are publicly listed with there is a certain amount of disclosure due to their nature.

PJ and Fran are good at film media but arguably better at business and ring fencing their interests.
They may make an announcement at a later date but it will be after they have shored up a plan for the future of their concerns.
Historically their is little precedent for ex employees to do a kiss and tell.   

As for modeling, I have some WNW on the shelf to go on with and I will start picking up a couple of the Copper State releases.
I am sure there are couple of companies that will be able to fulfill those needs of a high end WWI model fix and now we are not spending with WNW we are free to spend with them.

Marcus 

Offline Gene K

« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2020, 08:30:58 AM »
... you can't save images off the website  ... .

The images CAN be downloaded singly or in batch: if you use Chrome, install and try this FatKun Batch Download extension: https://tinyurl.com/yxlc9wgn. You'll love it - just takes a little playing with the simple options.

After you install the extension, right clicking on a webpage will bring up a menu option to "Batch Download", and clicking it will bring up the download page where you can select what you want to download. I always select More Options and then Show Big image first to make it easier to weed out thumbnails, etc.

;)

Gene K

Dekenba1

« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2020, 08:46:53 AM »

Correct,  The SE.5a has been sold out for over 2 years. 

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/product?productid=3

Eric

The LVG C.VI was sold out - it came back as a reboxing in a duellists kit.

The RE.8 'Harry Tate' was sold out - it came back as a reboxing in a duellists kit.

The W-29 was sold out - it came back as a reboxing in a duellists kit.

The DH.2 was sold out - it came back as a reboxing in a duellists kit. Then it came back in a character reboxing.

The Albatros kits were sold out - they came back as a 3-kit reboxing.Then they came back as a character "Jasta 5" reboxing.

When the Albatros Jasta 5 was sold out, Albatros came back as NINE special editions.

The Hannover Cl.II sold out - it came back as an "early" reboxing.

The Sopwith Triplane sold out. It came back as a character reboxing.

The Pfalz D.IIIa sold it - it came back as TWO special editions.

Both Snipe kits sold out - it came back as a character reboxing.

The Fokker EII-EIII sold out - it came back as both a duellist kit and a character kit.

The Fokker D.VII F was sold out - it came back as a character reboxing.

WNW releases kits after they become "sold out" - it's a cheap way of raising cash.

The idea that the SE.5a would not, as some point, be reboxed is ignoring the evidence.

Of course, I assume that the moulds will find their way back onto the market at some point, WNW or sans WNW.

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2020, 10:47:32 AM »
I was always mystified why a Viper engined SE5a was never developed.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2020, 02:23:38 PM »
I was always mystified why a Viper engined SE5a was never developed.

Me, too.