Author Topic: WnW Fokker E.1 (Early)  (Read 9883 times)

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
Re: WnW Fokker E.1 (Early)
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2014, 03:59:09 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2014, 11:49:43 PM »
Hello Pete:

I am in the same age group, turning 65 in February and have noticed that things that  used to be quite simple are a bit more complex.  Like Lance, I can't remember where I put my nice PE Bezels.  So, I have to get some more. (Now if I can remember where I got them from).  Your attitude towards this is a positive one, and you can still turn out great models without the extra super detailing.  I have spent a lot of money on after market super detailing stuff only to put it away as it isn't worth the effort and it takes the fun out of it. 

That being written, I am looking forward to seeing you progress through your Eindecker.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2014, 11:58:59 PM »
I am 45 and I struggle with some of the PE detailing.  I have the HGW super detail set for the Tripe I am building, but the original WNW parts are good enough mostly for me to barely use the accessories!

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2014, 01:01:20 AM »
At the moment I am working on the WnW kit Uberursal and have managed the Taurus spark plugs ok so all is not lost, however Senior Management  ::) is in full decorating mode at the moment so building time is limited, but I am progressing slowly.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2014, 02:33:07 AM »
At the moment I am working on the WnW kit Uberursal and have managed the Taurus spark plugs ok so all is not lost, however Senior Management  ::) is in full decorating mode at the moment so building time is limited, but I am progressing slowly.

Cheers

Pete.

Good to hear you are making progress, Pete.  I admire your perseverance , my friend.

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2014, 10:13:48 PM »
At last an update, not much I know, I've started on the Uberursal engine and just sprayed it with grey primer.

Oh the pleasures of macro photography, it wasn't until after I had taken the photo's of the engine that in one of them a hair has shown itself, now looking at the engine normally you can't even see it, however it has now been removed.

There are 7 rocker arms and push rods, but they all look the same.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2014, 10:36:47 PM »
Nice progress Pete, well done. You know very wise words are said here, and you guys should be glad having had a briljant past in modeling, while I started this fantastic hobby while my eyesight was already going down and my motoric abilities were  deteriorating. So keep up the spirit Pete, there are always worse cases than the one your in. Your work obviously shows this.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2014, 10:51:15 PM »
Thanks Patrick.

A quick question guys, on the Uberursal engine, the spark plug leads, should they go from the say cylinder 1 to the contact immediately below cylinder 1, or should they be offset and go from cylinder 1 to the contact below cylinder 2?

I think I have seen both methods, I was wondering which was correct.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2014, 11:35:53 PM »
Pete, according to the drawing in the WS Eindecker compendium vol 1, the former is correct, l(ead goes to contact immediately below cylinder.)

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2014, 02:55:37 AM »
Pete, according to the drawing in the WS Eindecker compendium vol 1, the former is correct, l(ead goes to contact immediately below cylinder.)

Many thanks Bo, that's the way I'll do it.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2014, 10:30:54 PM »
I have finally completed the engine, I'm quite pleased with the kit engine, all I've done extra is use the Taurus spark plugs and added some copper wire spark plug leads.

I was wondering what you guys thought was suitable as regards the weathering, now for an inline engine we normally put on oil streaks etc. etc. but as this is a rotary engine and they put out a thin spray of caster oil, the engine would have been covered with an overall coat of thin oil, what do you think?

Cheers

Pete.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2014, 11:08:01 PM »
  Pete,
Outstanding progress my old friend. Love the additional details you've added to her engine. Keep up the great work,looking forward to seeing more.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2014, 11:31:18 PM »
Magnificent engine Pete. That's a great start for a beautiful build. Keep up the good work my friend!

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2014, 11:53:35 PM »
Many thanks guys.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2014, 02:26:08 AM »
That is really good work on the engine, Pete!  You are making great use of the
Taurus parts and the sparkplug leads look very good.  I think the weathering/staining
is right on.  Keep up the good work, my friend.  Well done!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...