Author Topic: Sopwith 1A2 No 6 of Sgt Gabriel Herbert and Adj Charles Borzecki, N62, 1916  (Read 14431 times)

Offline RAGIII

Beautifully rigged Amigo! Not far to go now  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline dr 1 ace

Beautifully rigged Amigo! Not far to go now  ;D
RAGIII

Ditto and never a problem on time for responses, life always gets in the way.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Gracias, mi Amigos!  She's on her legs now with the u/c rigged, wheels installed.
Got the engine done.  Now, all that's left is to cram her into the cowling and I'll be on the home stretch.

More pics tomorrow.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
Some progress.  Got the engine and the cowling mounted and all of the rigging anchor points in place.  The cabane struts are glued to the fuselage, but only the front ones are glued to the top wing.  The rear ones don't seem to want to line up.  Taking a breather, then I'll wrestle them into place.  I'm sure I'll have it rigged by the end of the weekend, then a bit more weathering and install the guns and the prop then finito!

Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Borsos

It is looking amazing. Very nice Sopwith, I love it!
I remember me struggling with the cabane struts on my flashback Sopwith too, they seem to be rebellious with their "w" shape.
Good luck - I am keen on seeing this one finished!
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
 Bud,
My old friend your 1A2 will be an absolute stunner when completed. Your projects never fail to impress. Keep up the high awesomeness !
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline ALBATROS1234

Really looking awesome budrow.yea it actually inspires awe.

Offline lone modeller

I have somehow missed this one - having followed the thread I am pleased that I have found it. I have never seen a kit moulded completely in clear plastic either - but as usual you have added your individual touch of magic to a classic type and have almost finished another of your wonderful gems. The engine alone is worth looking at several times, never mind the other details.

Stephen.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
Thank you, Borsos, Gregory, Scott and Stephen!  This and the Albatros really went together quickly.  Less than 5 months for both.  Now, all that's left on this one are the guns and she's done.

Once the armament is added, I'll post pics in the completed section.  Thanks for the encouragement, my friends.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline RAGIII

Bud,
As always this build was a pleasure to watch come together! The finish, rigging and detailing are all superb. No surprise there Amigo! I am looking forward to the finished photos!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Bud,
As always this build was a pleasure to watch come together! The finish, rigging and detailing are all superb. No surprise there Amigo! I am looking forward to the finished photos!
RAGIII

I could not have said it better, very well done Bud.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
Thanks, Rick and Des!  Your approval means a lot to me.
One parting shot.  More photos in the completed section.

Cheers,
Bud

WarrenD

Beautiful work, love this a/c!

Warren

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
Thanks, Warren!  The Strutter's one of my favorites.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline ALBATROS1234

I must concur what me old friends are saying