Author Topic: HPH Macchi M-5  (Read 10413 times)

Offline 15badcats

Re: HPH Macchi M-5
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2015, 09:38:35 AM »
I just received mine I live in the US on the west coast I ordered it from Cooper Models and They are a great place to buy from David said he ordered five so he might still have one It really is a great kit I hope they sell well enough to get them to make more Can't wait to see what Aviattic does with tha Ansaldo

Kai

« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2015, 10:22:52 AM »
I went to order one of these, but the invoice came to 145 Euro's with delivery.

That's just too steep for me. It's a very small model & 145 Euro's is an awful lot of money.

So I'll skip this one. I have HpH's Walrus kit, but that cost only a little more and it's much bigger and more involved.

I'll probably invest the money in a Tamiya 1/32 Mossie, or a couple of Silver Wings kits.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2015, 03:32:57 PM »
i really like their letov sm-1 more so but as you say kinda expensive. alhough quality does look very nice. i would have to get a deal from ebay at this point in time.too many other kits more desired to me .

guitarlute101

« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2015, 03:54:47 PM »
Thanks for the info guys!

Mark

Offline Ronkootje

« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2015, 04:31:40 AM »
Correct me if iam wrong but i hear people talking about taking off the tax.... :o that would mean the guy who made it and sells it has to pay tax himself?

Ron

Offline Russell

« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2015, 06:19:05 AM »
Correct me if iam wrong but i hear people talking about taking off the tax.... :o that would mean the guy who made it and sells it has to pay tax himself?

Ron

Ron,

I'm VAT registered for business, if I sell a product or service within the EU then I have to charge VAT (sales tax) which is 20% in the UK. If I sell the product to a buyer outside of the EU then I don't add the VAT (or alternatively I remove 20% from a VAT inclusive price). This appears to be the situation with HpH.

If I wasn't VAT registered (due to turnover being below a certain level) then I don't add VAT onto any sale not matter if it's within the EU or outside of it. In this case there's no VAT to remove - if I said I was removing VAT for outside EU sales I would in effect just be giving away 20% of my revenue (as a discount) as you have suggested.

Regards
Russell

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2015, 10:32:59 AM »
Value-added tax

From Wikipedia

A value-added tax (VAT) or also General Sales tax (GST) is a form of consumption tax. From the perspective of the buyer, it is a tax on the purchase price. From that of the seller, it is a tax only on the value added to a product, material, or service, from an accounting point of view, by this stage of its manufacture or distribution. The manufacturer remits to the government the difference between these two amounts, and retains the rest for themselves to offset the taxes they had previously paid on the inputs.

The purpose of VAT is to generate tax revenues to the government similar to the corporate income tax or the personal income tax.

The value added to a product by or with a business is the sale price charged to its customer, minus the cost of materials and other taxable inputs. A VAT is like a sales tax in that ultimately only the end consumer is taxed. It differs from the sales tax in that, with the latter, the tax is collected and remitted to the government only once, at the point of purchase by the end consumer. With the VAT, collections, remittances to the government, and credits for taxes already paid occur each time a business in the supply chain purchases products.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2015, 04:37:50 PM »
glad we dont have that crap in the u.s.a.

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2015, 06:46:16 PM »

Might be worth reading this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_the_United_States

Cheers

Andrew

Offline Russell

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2015, 08:05:59 PM »

Might be worth reading this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_taxes_in_the_United_States

Cheers

Andrew

Quite so.

The key thing to bear in mind for those people living in the rest of the world (i.e. in non-EU countries), is: when buying goods from the EU is there’s no VAT charged on goods sold to buyers living outside of the EU. So the seller should deduct the VAT from the price (sticker prices of consumer goods are generally inclusive of VAT).

An exception would be if the vendor isn’t registered for VAT due to their turnover being below a certain threshold – in this case there’s no VAT charged on the sale price of the goods – so nothing to deduct.

Regards
Russell   

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2015, 01:07:36 AM »
Vat or no Vat; my copy marked #45 on the wing pours was on the front doorstep in Chesterfield MO US this morning. :D

Offline petrov27

« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2015, 02:29:26 AM »
Same here - Michigan in the USA it arrived here this morning. Shipping was costly but at least super quick....

Model looks very nice, only a few things I see as possible issues. Casting is top notch....
-Patrick

Offline jknaus

« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2015, 02:49:53 AM »
Downer, I cant even get an invoice or response to my email. Maybe thats a good thing, save some money :)
James

Offline 15badcats

« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2015, 12:41:02 AM »
The only thing I didn't like about the kit was there isn't a printed instruction sheet The disc is nice but I like ti sit and read through an instruction manual I loved it when the instructions used to tell what the part was and had a nice history of what you were building I learned a lot when I was younger just from reading the instruction manuals I guess I still do I guess I'm what you'd call [Old School ]

Offline Captain Slower

• Every Dog Has His Day
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2015, 12:57:40 AM »
Yes, I am tempted to put in the A4 paper (I am in the US) and print a copy of the instructions if the disc will allow.  Primarily to write in paint notations.

As to the kit itself:

1. I am very happy that they have provided indentations for drilling points. 
             2. Not sure if there is a mounting point on the lower wing for the vee struts.  The supplementary bracing needs to be added with additional material but directions are included for these.
             3. They only include the early wing floats, while both marking options require the later strut mounted floats.
             4.  I may do the prop in wood.

Otherwise beautiful kit.  Look forward to building.  Waiting to see if Rowan scales up his 1/48 M5 decals. 

Wonder if they would consider an A/H flying boat?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 06:12:41 AM by Captain Slower »