WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Airships/Dirigibles - Balloons

Zeppelin Top side gun positions.....

(1/2) > >>

Michael Scarborough:
OK, gents....tossing around ideas and continuing to find things of interest and more possibilities for dioramas/vignettes.

I just came across this:

Is this indeed a legit image shot in WWI? IT all looks fine except for the crewmen who look rather modern. Any idea what type of craft this is?

And another by Herr Schwormstädt:

This scene is immensely doable as a vignette and if I can use the first photo as a reference for the structure, I will be good to go.

Any further thoughts or info greatly appreciated.

I have tracked down copies of Ray Rimell's first Zeppelin book but I am afraid the hobby kitty was spent on the Felixstowe! However, I have put in a word with Mrs. Santa.

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

uncletony:
Yeah Michael, you need this for your project:

http://www.windsockdatafilespecials.co.uk/new-zeppelins-at-war-1914-1915-973-p.asp

Michael Scarborough:
I plan to as soon as the Christmas shopping is done.  Just trying to gather ideas while I have a few days off.

Berman:
On the cover ,of the latest Albatros Zeppelin datafile, there is a illustration of a Siemens Schuckert glider bomb. A 1/48th scale kit of this glider bomb is available from Grey Matter Figures.

petrov27:
great pic there - I cannot even imagine being on top of that zepplin at altitude in the open slipstream trying to defend it - took some serious guts to do that....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version