Author Topic: Have a break.... Albatros DV 2140/17 OLt Scheffer  (Read 1258 times)

Offline stefanbuss

Have a break.... Albatros DV 2140/17 OLt Scheffer
« on: August 09, 2014, 09:57:38 PM »
Those stupid students. All seem to be thinking they are going to be the next Richthofen, but now the Bosses plane is bent and has to be fixed in the Flugwerft. This means I have to work overtime, once more.

And now the Bosses cat is asleep where I should be working. Touching the cat means a reproof from the Boss - nothing I can do here. It's better to get some chocolade.

This means: Have a break, have a...
[In german language you could make a nice pun out of Guido Scheffer and him being the boss of FEA6, but I think a chef in english language is someone else than a boss. Nevermind. Whoever dares touching the cat deserves a reproof.  ::)]

The Original:
Oberleutnant Scheffer served with Jagdstaffel 11 for a short time and was transferred to Flieger-Ersatz-Abteilung 6 at sometime in 1917, where the foto was taken. He took his machine, Albatros DV with Militärnummer D 2140/17, with him. As it was supposed to be used as a trainer, MGs and ammo bins were removed and Schnucki's struts were reinforced with extra bracings. AT FEA 6 it was used for additional training of future Frontfliegers.

The foto is from the "Rosebud Collection"; the profile is available from Pheon Decals.

The model:

The Mechaniker is the well known figure from Kellerkind, who normally has a spanner in his hand - now it's a chocolate bar.

The cat is my (sometimes a little bit annoying) asistant, who refuses to remove from my modelling area too often. (Although she looks entirely black on the foto, the little cat has four colours, plus the tiny pink tongue).
The model itself is the WNW kit. Progress report can be found here:http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=3730.0

Stefan

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: Have a break.... Albatros DV 2140/17 OLt Scheffer
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 11:07:22 PM »
Fine Albie fuselage! It is a little pity, the rest is missing  ;)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 11:08:06 PM »
Beautifully done Stefan  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 02:39:00 AM »
Excellent piece of modelling and a very interesting story to go with it. I enjoyed the humour but I also admire the original idea. I would never have thought of something like that in years!

Offline nmroberto

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 07:11:06 AM »
Beautiful build and I love the cranky mechanic glaring at the cat.
Robert

Online RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 08:16:22 AM »
Great build ! The unusual presentation makes it even better!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 07:26:27 PM »
A great story line Stefan and extremely well executed in your scene, very nicely presented.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com