Author Topic: Next G/B?  (Read 4238 times)

Offline Oeli

Re: Next G/B?
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2015, 05:16:33 AM »
That is the explanation that has been missing.  ;) :D
Thank you!
Normality is a beautiful paved road, but it grow no flowers on her.

Offline LukasTheLight

• Addicted to Wingnuts...
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2015, 09:32:41 PM »
Well, some great ideas all around... whatever that is I will start it when I finish my Fokker and Halberstadt - hopefully :)

Cheerio
Lukas
"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
They Can Fly Upside Down With Their Feet In The Air.
They Don't Think of Danger. They Really Don't Care.
Newton Would Think He Had Made A Mistake."

Lukas

Offline radio

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2015, 02:34:44 AM »
I have also my SSW IV and possible the Fokker DR1.

Cheers
Martin

Kai

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2015, 11:25:33 AM »
Well, there's a lot of good ideas here, and I sort of like the Sopwith build. I have a few to choose from, and who doesn't like the wide varieties to be found in PC-10? One good point regarding a Sopwith build is some could express their inner 1920s silver paint longings.
 Wait, I guess you could with Pfalzss also....

I would like a non-PC10 Group Build.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2015, 12:12:07 AM »
I like both of Buds Ideas. !916 Scouts or Recon/Bomber Aircraft and the Sopwith idea. On the other hand like I said before, With lots of new kits coming from Copper State, Airfix, and hopefully WNW lets see what comes out in the next couple of months.
Who knows, there could be some game changers like last year that led to the Floatie thing GB  8)
RAGIII
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:21:33 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline nmroberto

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2015, 12:47:11 AM »
How bout a 100 year anniversary build?  Anything in the air during  1916.
Robert

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2015, 02:03:35 AM »
I like the idea of the bomber build. It has some good options and variety on both sides of the conflict. Not only PC10, but the colorful German flying circus stuff can also be built. There are small bombers too, not just the huge AEGs and Gothas. Basically, anything that dropped a bomb would work including the small hand held bombs dropped early on, as long as you include those bombs on your build. (Bo, you gotta start making more bombs for both sides! ;D )

George

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2015, 03:59:58 AM »
Here I go having to agree with George, but, yes, the idea of bombers is attractive. And, as he correctly stated, there is a wide range. It might even get WnW to release a Taube!

And, I have a great idea for some personal markings for an AEG....may have to ask for that for Christmas!

And, BTW, George Taylor Art, why don't you do some bombs? You have certainly prove yourself to be a master of the 3-D design and printing process.

Offline Cajun

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2015, 10:09:13 PM »
Sopwiths sound great!!!  Especially with the new WnW Camel in the works!  But also Pfalz sounds great too! lol

Offline drdave

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2015, 03:13:16 AM »
Hmm how about France?

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2015, 06:53:07 AM »
Hmm how about France?
I like it!
Vive la France!
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2015, 08:54:07 AM »
Yes, France! I like the little Nieuport 11s very much. We've already seen a whole lot of German and English subjects, but the French are a bit under represented.

George

Offline IanB

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2015, 11:39:02 AM »
I like the idea of a French Group Build....  but would it be French types (including French machines flown by other Allies), or machines in French markings (including Sopwith 1 1/2 strutters for example).... I'd vote for machines in French markings - I  think that would give the greatest scope and include all French types plus some others...

Ian

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2015, 11:59:39 AM »
The French GB sounds like a good idea, I will give it plenty of thought, if it does eventuate it will be any WW1 machine in French colours.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2015, 12:12:19 PM »
That would be fantastic, Des.  It would encompass all three of my GB wishes.  I'll build a Strutter in French service in 1916.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence