Author Topic: Junkers D 1 Roden 1/48  (Read 7601 times)

Offline Monty

Re: Junkers D 1 Roden 1/48
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2016, 04:46:46 AM »
Thank You Everyone for the great comments - I can definitely feel a blush coming on - it might be OK but I think I got away with it as the original was hand-painted... As Steve asked, I can explain a little how I did it... The paint needs to be thinned quite a lot... I use our local White Spirit but equivalents are easy to find everywhere - try Windsor & Newton - and then I use a fine brush - "0" White Taklon Round... I practice a few times on scrap - the paint must flow as much as possible but the edges must not "blur", then it's too thin... The mixture dries quite quickly, so don't hesitate to stop, clean your brush and mix new paint... Herewith a photo .. interesting as both are local products from South Africa...

Regards,

Marc

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2016, 11:12:28 AM »
 Marc,
Stunning work my friend!
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2016, 08:51:53 PM »
Many thanks Marc for the explanation. However, I suppose we all know the theory quite well :-) But it is in practice, where the difference lies. You have done a fine paint job!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2016, 03:14:56 AM »
I know it's late to comment but when I did my roden junkers I put the crosses on and noticed they weren't confirming well to the corrugations. Knowing roden decals and figuring I would probably have to touch up anyway I sliced down each corrugation with a razor blade before the were dry. Then soaked with a bunch of micro set and the blowdryer. Yes it did require touching up the black with thinned black acryl paint but I also left some voids to simulate paint chipping/weathering. You plane looks very nice hope to see you post more.

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2016, 10:50:07 AM »
Looking really good, sorry I am late to your build

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2016, 08:11:06 AM »
Nice work. I see what you mean about the decals. I shall take my time with them
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation