Author Topic: WNW Sopwith Snipe: Early: Albatros DVa Jasta 6  (Read 58812 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: WNW Sopwith Snipe: Early: Albatros DVa Jasta 6
« Reply #315 on: August 06, 2014, 11:31:11 PM »
Yummy!  My favorite piece of chocolate!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #316 on: August 07, 2014, 12:04:10 AM »
Superb modelling Rick! Each one of your builds just get better and better.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #317 on: August 07, 2014, 05:01:59 AM »
That really is top notch modelling Rick. Those oils stains look so realistic and somehow the fabric looks as though it has been distorted too. Fantastic work.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #318 on: August 10, 2014, 09:41:53 AM »
Gosh Rick, the Snipe is just too good! Beautiful job, my friend.  The rigging is
superb.  What a gorgeous model. :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)

Thanks Ernie.
In addition I greatly appreciate all of the comments:
Jacek
Dave
martin
Terri
Bud
Chris
and
LM!
Thanks Guys and Gal for all of the Feedback!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #319 on: August 17, 2014, 11:48:14 PM »
Here is the latest update on the Albatros. The major rigging is complete, more or less, and just the gear and tail feather rigging left to install. I have a lot of touch up to do as it seems this one continues to fight me  :-[
RAGIII

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:26:28 AM by RAGIII »

Offline Vickers

« Reply #320 on: August 18, 2014, 12:21:29 AM »
Your Albatros looks great, Rick.  The dark green cowling and wheel covers really set off the wood grain and the band of cascading chevrons complements the striped horizontal tail smartly. Very nice work!
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #321 on: August 18, 2014, 12:29:47 AM »
   Simply the "perfect" scheme for an Albie, Rick, and you've done it beautifully. A great Combo Build, both models are exceptional and once the rigging and touch ups are complete on this one  you'll have a very successful Double Build to add to your list of accomplishments. Nicely done from start to finish!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #322 on: August 18, 2014, 05:45:54 AM »
Rick,

Your Albatros is starting to look stunning - the best work I have seen from you so far, I think.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #323 on: August 18, 2014, 07:52:30 AM »
Your Albatros looks great, Rick.  The dark green cowling and wheel covers really set off the wood grain and the band of cascading chevrons complements the striped horizontal tail smartly. Very nice work!

Thanks for the comments and praise! I always thought the scheme would look good on a DVa model. I hope mine turns out ok after all of the touch up is done!
RAGIII

Simply the "perfect" scheme for an Albie, Rick, and you've done it beautifully. A great Combo Build, both models are exceptional and once the rigging and touch ups are complete on this one  you'll have a very successful Double Build to add to your list of accomplishments. Nicely done from start to finish!
Cheers,
Lance

Thanks Lance, I agree about the scheme! Hoping to put this duo to sleep soon to start on Fokker DVIIs!
RAGIII

Rick,

Your Albatros is starting to look stunning - the best work I have seen from you so far, I think.

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave. I know all of the little glitches in this one so I appreciate the vote of confidence!
RAGIII

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #324 on: August 18, 2014, 10:25:28 AM »
Superb work on the Albie, Rick!  I agree that this is the perfect Albatros scheme.  I believe this may be you best Albie to date.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #325 on: August 18, 2014, 10:56:57 AM »
I must say Rick , this is shaping up to be your best Albbie yet ! Bud is right with his assessment . And I'm still impressed with how clean and sharp the striping on the tail feathers  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #326 on: August 18, 2014, 11:36:35 AM »
Beautiful, beautiful model, Rick!  There is nothing that lets the Albie down in the
slightest.  I applaud your talents, my friend.  I can hardly wait to see the finished
article. :D

Cheers,
The new old guy, take two...

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #327 on: August 18, 2014, 09:20:09 PM »
Superb work on the Albie, Rick!  I agree that this is the perfect Albatros scheme.  I believe this may be you best Albie to date.
Cheers,
Bud

Thanks Amigo, I always appreciate your comments. We shall see. Right now I still have a preference for "Polka Dots"
RAGIII

I must say Rick , this is shaping up to be your best Albbie yet ! Bud is right with his assessment . And I'm still impressed with how clean and sharp the striping on the tail feathers  8)

Terri

Thanks Terri! The tail feathers were edged with black decals over the paint to touch up the edges.  8)
RAGIII

Beautiful, beautiful model, Rick!  There is nothing that lets the Albie down in the
slightest.  I applaud your talents, my friend.  I can hardly wait to see the finished
article. :D

Cheers,

Thanks Ernie!  Although there are indeed a few things I know I could have/should have done better I am beginning ro like this one ;D

RAGIII

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #328 on: August 18, 2014, 09:24:12 PM »
Everything about your Albatros is quite stunning Rick, from the wood grain to the lozenge, the rigging and the tail stripes, they all add up to a remarkable looking model.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #329 on: August 18, 2014, 09:28:30 PM »
This is such a beautiful piece of work, Rick. It sets such a high standard and something to which I can only aspire.

Best wishes
Nigel