Author Topic: Junkers D.1, Kampfgeschwader Sachsenberg, Lativia, late spring, 1919  (Read 3545 times)

Offline FokkerFodder

Re: Junkers D.1, Kampfgeschwader Sachsenberg, Lativia, late spring, 1919
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 06:08:05 PM »
Great model and love your background history. I have a stalled project doing something similar with the wnw model... hopefully you will inspire me to finish! Cheers Matt

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 09:19:01 PM »
Nice job!  Love the history lesson!
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline Old Man

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »
Great model and love your background history. I have a stalled project doing something similar with the wnw model... hopefully you will inspire me to finish! Cheers Matt

Thank you, Sir. Fair winds for your project. I suspect I may have used too dark a grey-green, something closer to feldgrau might be better. But then when a wash went on to bring out the corrugations, that might darken it all a bit. Happy to have given you something to conjure with as you look over your model.

Nice job!  Love the history lesson!

Thank you, Sir. There are some fascinating things tucked away behind the end of 'the War to end all wars'....

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2020, 09:32:21 PM »
That is an excellent model and a very interesting history lesson. As you write there were many local conflicts which arose from the end of the "war to end all wars," the great majority of which are overlooked or ignored and forgotten by all except those who live in the areas that had to endure them. Your models are fascinating because they do reflect those tangled and often obscure histories.

I am seriously looking forward to seeing more progress on your Old Senora: and I appreciate why you needed to use a kit to help you to get your hand in again.

Stephen.

Offline Old Man

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2020, 06:12:33 AM »
That is an excellent model and a very interesting history lesson. As you write there were many local conflicts which arose from the end of the "war to end all wars," the great majority of which are overlooked or ignored and forgotten by all except those who live in the areas that had to endure them. Your models are fascinating because they do reflect those tangled and often obscure histories.

I am seriously looking forward to seeing more progress on your Old Senora: and I appreciate why you needed to use a kit to help you to get your hand in again.

Stephen.

Thank you, Sir.

That war did not end was noted at the time. Somewhere I have an old copy of Mercury magazine from about 1933, in which an article lists every war occurring since 1918, and it is an awfully extensive list.

I have El Sonora up on the bench now, and am making the fuel tanks (from some serendipitously sized sprue). I should have pictures up early next week.