Author Topic: Rudolf Klimke’s Dr.1 in 1:32 scale  (Read 19221 times)

Offline phs Paddy

Re: Rudolf Klimke’s Dr.1 in 1:32 scale
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 10:37:37 PM »
Great start. Dont give up!!!!

Thanks for that pepperman and no I won't. Its a bright sunny new day here.  ;D

Paddy
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 10:39:05 PM »
Paddy!
You finished it yet?  ;D

Come come dear boy, pull your finger out!

Von armchairmodeller

Right’cha air Lord von Buckles. I’m not ready for the Soldiers’ Home yet. On with a fresh attack plan today.  :)

TTFN,
Paddy
In mathematics you don't understand things, you just get use to them. Johann von Neumann 1903-1957

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 11:45:20 PM »
C'mon Paddy, you can't stop at the woodgrain, what about the canvas and rigging.  ;)

Cheers

Pete von Builderofkaiserkites.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 01:15:53 AM »
...nothing like modeller cheerleaders...although the little pleated skirts and pompoms have gotta go.......

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 11:18:35 AM »
...nothing like modeller cheerleaders...although the little pleated skirts and pompoms have gotta go.......

;D ;D ;D ROTFLMBO!

Paddy

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 12:07:09 PM »

Steve,
Man I love that wicked sence of humor my friend. Great One!
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 03:52:36 PM »
Paddy

Playing devil's advocate I for one actually like the paler linen look, I've used a paler base on my last couple of builds.  You could try toning it down, dirtying it in with a few light washes, shade it where the fuselage structure is. Before long it will be a lot less a stark contrast once you get the structure in place over it.

All said loking nice though.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2012, 05:34:51 PM »

Aw! come on, I like my pleated skirt and pompoms.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 10:39:24 PM »

Cheers

Pete.

Works for me. Although I've outgrown my current pleated number my pompoms still have a few miles left in them  :P ;D :-X

Von crossdressingpompomartist

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 11:19:45 PM »
Paddy

Playing devil's advocate I for one actually like the paler linen look, I've used a paler base on my last couple of builds.  You could try toning it down, dirtying it in with a few light washes, shade it where the fuselage structure is. Before long it will be a lot less a stark contrast once you get the structure in place over it.

All said loking nice though.

Keith

Thanks for that Keith. This morning I’ll take yesterday’s work out of the heated Pyrex drying locker and get a look at what I’ve wrought. After doing the twisted knickers dance and studying Mig Jimenez’s F.A.Q. tome on AFV painting techniques I decided to use what he describes as a filter to warm up the area a bit and with that I applied two applications of an Ochre filter.

I’ll post up the before and after images and we’ll get a comparison later.

Paddy  :)

P.S. I’m getting tickled again with the mental image of those two blokes sashaying into some pub doing their little dance while pushing up poms in their shorty skirts.  Lord Buckle’s would be in Viking Purple and Gold no doubt. Don’t know about Pete’s though.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:33:20 AM by phs Paddy »

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 04:50:04 AM »
The first image is the before and the second is the after. In the after photo the plywood area was AB with Tam Clear Yellow. Then the entire area, plywood and linen had an Ochre filter applied twice with a brush. As you can see the light was not the same in both photos but you can see that the bleached linen in the 2nd image does look warmer. You can also see that I got a bit of streaking with the filter.

I’ve dallied enough at this point and will now move on before Lord Buckles begins to throw stones.  ;) Besides when the rest of the cockpit structure and fixtures are in place and the fuselage is buttoned up it may not look to bad (fingers crossed).

I personally think that using a filter has a place in my very short repertoire and believe I’ll know how to prevent the streaks the next time out.

Any and all comments gratefully received even if they have burrs.  ;D

Paddy

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 06:20:50 AM »
I think you've toned it down enough and as mentioned with the framing and then closed up it will be all good. Oh and aaahhh..... Shish-boom bah........

Steve

Offline GAJouette

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 12:23:18 AM »

Cheers

Pete.

Works for me. Although I've outgrown my current pleated number my pompoms still have a few miles left in them  :P ;D :-X

Von crossdressingpompomartist

LOL Bob you've revealed more than I ever wanted to know my friend! And for crying out loud shave those hairy legs.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline GAJouette

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 12:25:24 AM »
  Paddy,
Looks fantastic from here my friend. Excellent choice of marking too.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline phs Paddy

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 07:08:13 AM »
Thanks Gregory. Now I'll see if I can pickup the pace a little.  ;D

Paddy