Author Topic: French seat-belts  (Read 737 times)

Offline Dal Gavan

French seat-belts
« on: September 12, 2013, 04:06:33 PM »
G'day, All.

I was asking Radu Briznan whether he'd be releasing French WW1 seat-belts (I really like his seat-belts) at all and got this reply:

The problem with the French harness is that I have very little information about it, I know it was called Aviorex and there is a fuzzy photo on the internet. Do you have any more information about it?

Apart from some Tom's Modelworks etched belts and a photo' of an Eduard pre-painted set, I've found nothing in my books nor on the net (suffering my first-ever bout of hay fever isn't helping my search, either).

Does anyone have any photo's or drawings that may be of help?

Cheers.

Dal.   

Offline Alan Roffey

Re: French seat-belts
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 08:17:37 PM »
Why not wait to see what they are like on the WNW Salmson 2-A2?

Offline IanB

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 11:59:33 PM »
You could try the Memorial Flight....
http://memorial.flight.free.fr/indexuk.html

I'm sure they'd have info...

Ian

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 06:04:31 PM »
G'day.

Alan, I'd like to use some tape belts for my N.28 build.  Etched brass just doesn't look right to me- I can never get it to sit naturally.  If I wait for the Salmson.....

Ian, nothing that could be used for a pattern, mate.  I had some hopes for Sanger's book on Nieuports, that I just picked up, but no luck there, either.  What I'll do is get some RB German belts and use the tape from them with the Tom's Modelworks fittings.  I'll let Radu know I haven't found anything useful.

Cheers.

Dal.