Author Topic: Roden SPAD VII 19 Sq. RFC 1/32nd scale:SPAD VII Lafayette:Nieuport 28 94th Aero  (Read 46385 times)

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
Great progress on a dicey task, Rick.  And thanks to Alexis and yourself for putting this in your build thread.

Offline RAGIII

Very convincing results on the double wires Rick  :) I will also use Tamiya thin glue , but this can ruin your work very quickly if too much is applied and I have had that happen before  ::)

Those are going to look really nice once painted up which I'm looking forward to seeing  :)

Alexis

Thanks Alexis! I didn't mention that on the first Day I was using Tamiya Extra Thin very sparingly to help with the process. Just a very small amount in areas that were giving Me problems. For the most part I was using the Tamiya setting solution. NOT paying attention I mixed up the Cement with the Setting solution.  Luckily I was able to remove the Gooey Mess without any damage to the wires  ::) That is one reason I am so happy that your tip on the X20A worked so well on day two! I did not have to open the Tamiya Glue bottle  8)
RAGIII

Great progress on a dicey task, Rick.  And thanks to Alexis and yourself for putting this in your build thread.

Thanks Ken. I am pretty sure that this Method has worked.... for Me at Least! Like I said Alexis was a life saver with the X20A tip!
RAGIII
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 12:41:16 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Hi Rick ,

I have tried Tamiya's decal setting system with mixed results , find that they really don't work all that well even on their own decals . My go too is Microscale's Super Sol and Sol . If those don't work then I which switch and use the Tamiya thinner or their liquid glue .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RichieW

Superb work as always Rick, I think your high standard has even gone up a notch since I went on leave last Summer. That rigging is amazing!

Richie

Offline RAGIII

Superb work as always Rick, I think your high standard has even gone up a notch since I went on leave last Summer. That rigging is amazing!

Richie

Thanks Richie. I will post a couple of photos later of the latest work on this one.
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

Here are the promised photos. I have to admit there are a few bumps and lumps but I am satisfied with My first use of this technique. If I do it again I will do better  8)
RAGIII

Offline DaveB

Hello, Rick -

Your Roden N.28 looks great to me - and regarding the wires I don't suppose the real ones were as neat as we would like to think.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point!

Offline RichieW

No lumps or bumps are apparent to me Rick, all I can see is a very fine model of a beautiful little biplane. I always admire your French camouflage painting. If the next one is going to be even better I can't wait to see it!

Richie

Offline lone modeller

I agree with Dave: sometimes we try to make perfect models to represent far from perfect subjects whereas a little imperfection here and there would probably be more representative of the real thing. I would be very happy with that.

Stephen.

Bughunter

That is a really nice outcome! It is soooo beautiful :-*
I need also this Nieuport type in my collection.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Fvdm

I think you did  real great job on this. If it's the painting, the rigging or something else, it all looks real nice to me.

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
Hi Rick your Ni28 is a beauty!

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Rick , those double covered wires turned out fantastic ..well done on a awesome build ! :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline dr 1 ace

Rick , those double covered wires turned out fantastic ..well done on a awesome build ! :)

Alexis

Gotta agree with Alexis on the double wires and the build Amigo.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Gisbod

You’ve got some patience Rick!

Looks great!

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941