Author Topic: Roden SPAD VII 19 Sq. RFC 1/32nd scale:SPAD VII Lafayette:Nieuport 28 94th Aero  (Read 46383 times)

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
This looks great, Rick.  I may just have to pick one of these up.  All of your builds are very inspiring.

Offline RAGIII

Very nice colors Rick, I want one!

Kent

Thanks Kent. IMHO this is probably Rodens best 1/32nd scale kit! About the colors I saw a post on FB today about a Polish, I think, company doing ALL of the French Colors from WW1 through the 30's. I am looking into availability here in the States. I will let all know what I find out.
RAGIII

Hi RAGIII
Can you post a link to the post on facebook about the colours?
cheers
Andrew

I will see if I can find the link again. I did have a PM conversation with the owner and will download the photos of the products. I was not encouraged to go much further as He said that No Paypal or credit cards could be used. Only depositing directly to his account which I have No Clue how to accomplish. Also No info was provided on price.
RAGIII

This looks great, Rick.  I may just have to pick one of these up.  All of your builds are very inspiring.

Thanks Ken, Greatly appreciated! Get one. I am sure your build would be Spectacular!!
RAGIII

PS: I forgot to mention / answer something Mark had said earlier. The "Rigging" will be more conventional on this one. 2 lb. test Trout fishing line. The "Filled" sections will be ......?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 03:02:41 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline dr 1 ace

Have a chance to check back in, more great progress ! It reminds me to get more GP guns for mine when I can get to it.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline RAGIII

Have a chance to check back in, more great progress ! It reminds me to get more GP guns for mine when I can get to it.

Ed

Thanks Amigo, Always great to hear from you!
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

A small update. Most of the rigging wires are now installed and tightened.  Nearing the point where I decide on the filling  ::)
RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Looking good Rick  ;)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline rhallinger

Looks marvelous Rick!  I’m looking forward to seeing how you end up “filling the gap.”

Best regards,

Bob

Offline RAGIII

Looking good Rick  ;)

Alexis

Thanks Alexis!
RAGIII

Looks marvelous Rick!  I’m looking forward to seeing how you end up “filling the gap.”

Best regards,

Bob

Thanks Bob! I am setting this one asside for a few days to Ponder on what to do  ???
RAGIII

Offline Fvdm

Looks great Rick.

Offline lone modeller

Have not dropped by for a couple of days Rick, and this has turned from a legless monoplane to a fully rigged biplane! It looks simply super! The colours are very striking indeed. I was  reassured to read that you had the u/c legs on back to front first time around as it means that I am not the only one to manage to make those kinds of mistakes....

Best of luck with a solution to the filling problem - in my experience turning a problem over in your mind for a period is usually the best way to get an answer - usually from a sideways direction.

Stephen.

Offline Monty

Quite lovely Rick! It looks quite spectacular! The rigging filling is just the cherry on the cake! Regards, Marc.

Bughunter

That Nieuport is a nice invitation to add this type to the own collection - so beautiful!
Regarding the lifted paint on the cowling: what primer have you used? (there seems to be naked polystyrene, so the primer has no tack to it?)

Cheers,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

Looks great Rick.

Thanks for the Comment!
RAGIII

Have not dropped by for a couple of days Rick, and this has turned from a legless monoplane to a fully rigged biplane! It looks simply super! The colours are very striking indeed. I was  reassured to read that you had the u/c legs on back to front first time around as it means that I am not the only one to manage to make those kinds of mistakes....

Best of luck with a solution to the filling problem - in my experience turning a problem over in your mind for a period is usually the best way to get an answer - usually from a sideways direction.

Stephen.

Thanks Stephen. Still thinking about the filled wires !
RAGIII

Quite lovely Rick! It looks quite spectacular! The rigging filling is just the cherry on the cake! Regards, Marc.

Thanks Marc. We shall see how the "Filling" goes  ???
RAGIII

That Nieuport is a nice invitation to add this type to the own collection - so beautiful!
Regarding the lifted paint on the cowling: what primer have you used? (there seems to be naked polystyrene, so the primer has no tack to it?)

Cheers,
Frank

Thanks Frank. In My opinion one of the Most Graceful of WW1 Fighters! As for the primer I just used Tamiya Paint. It was a resin Cowling and I have to admit I didn't wash it down prior to painting. That and a combination of tightly wound Tamiya Tape for Curves and Valejo colors caused the lifting. I Like Vallejo but usually don't use it where it needs to be masked  ::)
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

All of the rigging is installed and painted. And yes, I am still considering the method of filling the double wires  8)
RAGIII

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Excellent job on the rigging Rick . I think you should do the wrapping on the double wires . It really adds to the overall effect . But if you choose not to , still looks cool  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .