Author Topic: Roden SPAD VII 19 Sq. RFC 1/32nd scale:SPAD VII Lafayette:Nieuport 28 94th Aero  (Read 46386 times)

Offline Monty

Such nice progress there, Rick! And as you say, keep mixing colours til it hits the version of what appeals to you! Great to get a new compressor... your new toy looks great... keep looking at my 15+ year monster and expecting the worst... Regards, Marc.

Offline RAGIII

Movig along nicely ! May have to try some Vallejo paints.

Ed

Thanks Amigo. As for the Vallejo paints one sees Mixed reviews. It seems that Many hate airbrushing them and others Love them. I am in the middle. I get decent results but tend to use Tamiya if I know I will need to mask over the colors  8)
RAGIII

The Spad looks really good Rick. Those Gaspatch accessories are very good value for money and some of the few AM parts that I use.

Stephen.

As always thanks for commenting Stephen.  The Gaspatch guns are indeed terrific accessories! 
RAGIII

Such nice progress there, Rick! And as you say, keep mixing colours til it hits the version of what appeals to you! Great to get a new compressor... your new toy looks great... keep looking at my 15+ year monster and expecting the worst... Regards, Marc.

Thanks Marc. I only hope that when it arrives Tuesday it is all that I expect! I spent an hour or so cleaning the airbrush today in anticipation  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RAGIII

The compressor arrived today so I hope to get some painting done  ;D
RAGIII

Bughunter

I guess it is glowing already  ;D ;D

Have fun,
Frank

Offline RAGIII

I guess it is glowing already  ;D ;D

Have fun,
Frank

I have already painted the black I couldn't do when the old one went Tango Uniform. Just for the record the Holding Tank empties quickly so it runs a lot. The good news is it is FAR and Away quieter than My old compressor!
RAGIII

Offline RAGIII

So, I loved working with the New compressor. I painted the black, tweaked the scheme, and have progressed to adding markings. Roundels are Super Scale, all others are from the kit. I found the kit decals really easy to work with on this one. Only one small touch up needed on the upper surface #1.
RAGIII

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
A compressor is just a tool Rick, but with you behind the controls, it turns into some magical gadget!

Willem

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Looks good with the markings in place Rick and the cam turned out perfekt !

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

vB  8)

Thanks Bob!
RAGIII

A compressor is just a tool Rick, but with you behind the controls, it turns into some magical gadget!

Willem

Thanks, Very kind comment!
RAGIII

Looks good with the markings in place Rick and the cam turned out perfekt !

Alexis

Thanks Alexis!
RAGIII

Offline Monty

That is looking quite amazing and just spot on, Rick! Very neat and precise modelling! Regards, Marc.

Offline RAGIII

That is looking quite amazing and just spot on, Rick! Very neat and precise modelling! Regards, Marc.

As always thanks Marc! I plan to do some weathering on this one tomorrow...then the mounting of the wings  :-\ I think!
RAGIII

Offline hrcoleman66

Nice to hear that Roden decals worked for a change.  I have had very few good experiences with them.

Looking good.

Cheers,

Hugh

Offline RAGIII

Nice to hear that Roden decals worked for a change.  I have had very few good experiences with them.

Looking good.

Cheers,

Hugh

The Roden decals can be problematic for sure. IN this case they worked great!
RAGIII

Offline Fvdm

Looks good with the markings on it. Nice to hear that Roden decals CAN work  :)