Author Topic: Wingnut Wings Felixstowe wings  (Read 3060 times)

mike in calif

Re: Wingnut Wings Felixstowe wings
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 04:24:20 AM »
With the size of some of the 1/32 kits coming out, the 1/32 tables are going to have to get a bit bigger. OK, maybe a lot bigger.

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2015, 05:51:18 AM »
My display cabinet has shelves of 73 by 45 cms dimension. No way to fit the Felixstowe there. And it is almost full.
However, I have "discovered" an unused space just over my modelling desk. I plan to order a wooden shelf of 87 by 58 cms to be fixed to two walls (a corner) on three metal cantilever supports.
I may dare to take my Felix to modelling contests, provided I complete it to a standard satisfying me. So to make a transport possible I will order also a wooden base of the same dimension as the shelf itself. This base is going to have a 1cm wide wooden rim. Inside this rim a transparent plexi cover in the form of a box without a base will fit - outer dimensions 85 by 56 by 22. This one I am going to order, too. With the 4mm thick walls and roof this will leave the interior space of 84.2 by 55.2 by 21.6 cms, just enough to fit the late Felixstowe. Thus, no dust danger! I should have these items ready this month and will gladly show a photo or two, when it is assembled. It should also provide me with a nice space to store the subassemblies safely during the long build.
As zavod, I have never taken the option of removable wings seriously. I like my models displayed, in their full glory (or misery). And to spend a couple of months on  such a great kit to store it out of sight or to have the wings removed, is not acceptable for me. Taking it to a modelling show in a car should not be a problem with the box I have planned, luckily I have a car bigger than Fiat 500  ;)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Dol

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 06:23:46 AM »
269 $, i'll never take risks to detach the wings nor to carry it  ;)

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 07:52:24 AM »
Hmm,............................ maybe I should get a Fiat 500 - and convert these to a rolling case for my Felixstowe, Gotha and all the following bigger wingnuts  ::)

Kai

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 03:27:06 PM »
Mine will probably end up as a gift. I've given a couple away already & people seem to like them. They are great conversation pieces & look cool, especially the German single seaters. The Felixstowe is the first British subject to offer an equally commanding & interesting paint job.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 08:35:10 PM »
Bertl, you would be battling to get just one Wingnuts Felixstowe into a Fiat 500 let alone the Gotha and any other large Wingnut kits  :) :)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline zavod44

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 04:15:33 AM »
I might put the Felix in the Fiat 500 and then tow the Fiat to the shows behind my truck.....

mike in calif

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 03:55:30 AM »
A familiar sight?.....

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 03:59:44 AM »
haters gonna hate...

Offline zavod44

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2015, 04:50:30 AM »
Granted it is a Nissan Mini truck so it's not a big F-150 or anything.....I love the Fiat 500, I used to drive 50 miles one way to work,  that would have been a legit option for me.  Now I take the train....