Author Topic: Hasegawa P-38J  (Read 12141 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Hasegawa P-38J
« Reply #120 on: March 10, 2021, 07:32:48 AM »
Canopy is sprayed followed with the undercarriage doors getting a splash of colour . Like the Mustang this will dry for couple days to harden up . And I will have some sanding and filling too do , but primer first to high light which spots need filling .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #121 on: March 10, 2021, 07:33:15 AM »
 :)
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2021, 11:29:21 AM »
My airbrush was down for a few days . Drop it and bent the needle and damaged the tip it self . That is now solved and I get the primer coat on ready for shading . I still got some more filling and sanding , but frankly I'm not going to worry about and move on . Prop tips are also ready for masking off the yellow tips .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2021, 11:29:45 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2021, 11:30:07 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2021, 04:00:54 AM »
Made a start on getting the camo colours laid down . I started by spraying the whole model with Tamiya Neutral grey . Like the mustang I did the per-shading with a darker grey which was on own mix . I went over this again with thinned Tamiya Neutral grey 70/30 and slowly built up the layers . Top side is per-shaded with Mr.Hobby OD shadow with the main camo colour is OD#2 by Mr.Hobby . I stop using black as per-shade a while back and will use a dark colour of the base instead . I find it gives a more realistic look to the weathered effect and I use less paint in the end .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2021, 04:01:16 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Online RAGIII

« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2021, 04:35:03 AM »
Your method of pre shading is working great Alexis! I really like the subtle effects on the undersurface and what you have done on the OD uppers!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2021, 07:03:22 AM »
Thanks Rick ,

The upper surface is done along with the highlights . Now let this set and then masking the shade for the yellow front engine bands .

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2021, 03:20:06 AM »
The yellow on the spinners and bands on the cowls are painted , like the Mustang I have a few touch ups and detail painting and it's clear coating time !

Alexis

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2021, 05:45:27 AM »
This looks super with the paint on Alexis. I agree with Rick that using lighter shades of the base coat is better than using black as an undershading. Personally I think that some modellers overdo the contrast in colours - but I am aware that is a personal opinion. I prefer your method.

Stephen.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2021, 06:01:51 AM »
This looks super with the paint on Alexis. I agree with Rick that using lighter shades of the base coat is better than using black as an undershading. Personally I think that some modellers overdo the contrast in colours - but I am aware that is a personal opinion. I prefer your method.

Stephen.

Excellent progress Alexis! I agree with Stephen completely agreeing with Me  ::) Back when I was doing WW2 aircraft I used to use three shades of the base color to represent fading and other wear. I think it is a "Lost" technique now but it gave good results!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2021, 11:01:48 AM »
Thank-you very kindly Stephen and Rick .

I am rather pleased with how it turned out and would really like to try this on B-17G . I hoping that after further weathering it will tie it together even more .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2021, 05:29:44 PM »
I love models at this stage  :)

And you say I don’t sleep?!

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2021, 09:47:23 PM »
Well , you don't sleep ...too busy hiding behind the sofa  ;)

You really need to stop doing that and build more models !

Thanks Guy for having a peek  :)

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch