Author Topic: WNWs Ship's Camel  (Read 14619 times)

Offline boggie

Re: WNWs Ship's Camel
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2017, 10:27:19 AM »
Definately should be binned Guy.  ;)

But please, only a gold plated bin would be the minimum standard acceptable!  ;D

Beautiful Camel!

cheers  :)

Online Borsos

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2017, 05:34:36 PM »
VERY nice Camel. A wonderful model!
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2017, 09:12:16 PM »
Is the 'Bin' located on the top shelf? Cos that's where it needs to be.
Thanks for sharing another beauty.

von B

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline howlindawg

« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2017, 06:16:19 AM »
May I ask what paints you used to get that finish on the front cowling / engine cowlings?

Martin
I'm Martin

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2017, 10:34:17 AM »
Thank you for the moral support, but it's only because you can't see it close up  ;D

Yes, the cowling was one of the more successful parts.. it's sprayed with Alclad and polished up with Uschi's metal polishing powders - Chrome. A nice product that requires a few layers - then you gradually see the sheen build up - it looks very metallic to me!

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline aliluke

« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2017, 11:27:55 AM »
Guy if you bin something as good looking as that Camel I'll give up model making!  :'( Please assure us that you'll keep it because I'm still enjoying making a really big mess of my Snipe...
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2017, 01:43:37 AM »
Thank you for the moral support, but it's only because you can't see it close up  ;D

Yes, the cowling was one of the more successful parts.. it's sprayed with Alclad and polished up with Uschi's metal polishing powders - Chrome. A nice product that requires a few layers - then you gradually see the sheen build up - it looks very metallic to me!

Guy

simple solution: stand back ;)

no offense, Guy, but i doubt anyone else would notice what pains you even from close up. i believe i know how you feel... i studied art at university and the thing that made my life hard was that to me, everything i saw in *my* painting was a decision that could have gone another (and probably better) way, whereas other people's paintings just looked finished and i trusted that everything they did was intentional.

you've got high standards, and the same thing that makes you strive to improve makes it hard to enjoy the finished result of your work.

PS not that you should ever care what i think but i don't do attaboys that often and i'd be delighted to build something that looks half as good.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2017, 03:24:22 AM »
I think that Jeff has summed things p very well Guy. If I binned every model that I was not happy with for one reason or another I would not have any models. My personal opinion of yours is that I just wish that I could get a metallic finish somewhere nearly as good as yours, and a general paint finish too - especially the sheen on the PC10.

Many congratulations on a superb, first class build - and I am not flattering you, just writing the truth.

Stephen.

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2017, 05:07:16 PM »
Thank you all,

What nice chaps you are. I'm not saying it to get people's praise - it's just me and models at the moment! I do enjoy making but for some reason have no interest in the finished product... I have nothing on display at all. Maybe I should have a bash at 1/48th and get a collection going with a view to having them in a display cabinet somewhere...

Or maybe I should just see a shrink?  ;D

Guy

Offline aliluke

« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2017, 06:13:39 PM »
Hi Guy
I'm not really interested in the end product either. I make models as a way of meditation through the making. Even though I have banjaxed my Snipe three ways sideways I don't care a toss. I'll finish it, put it on a shelf somewhere to collect dust and make another plane. Still I'll like my Snipe for the memories of its making and all the lessons learned from its failings. The next one - whatever it is - will be better - more meditation and less fails. Again and again.

Been telling my shrink that for 40 years...yeah, nah. Save your money man!!!

Cheers
A
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline howlindawg

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2017, 09:03:45 PM »

Yes, the cowling was one of the more successful parts.. it's sprayed with Alclad and polished up with Uschi's metal polishing powders - Chrome.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye open for some Uschi's.
I love the effect you've achieved.
I'm Martin

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2017, 06:21:54 AM »
Thank you A & Martin,

I've pressed on (mainly because the base was the whole inspiration for the build in the first place). So far I'm actually really pleased! The wood planking has turned out better than I'd hoped.. I'm almost tempted to start again with a new Camel!  ;D

Guy

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2017, 06:53:31 AM »
Excellent work with your timber platform Guy, the Camel will look great sitting on the base.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2017, 09:27:31 AM »
The planking looks fantastic.  Really enjoying this and your Camel also.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2017, 05:21:18 AM »
Guy,
I am sorry I am a bit late here but WOW, what a beautiful Camel! Everything about it is fantastic! The planking will really set off your beautiful work!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler