WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Paper and Card models

Albatros D.III (Oef) 1/33 - two models

<< < (2/4) > >>

rhallinger:
That's wonderful and generous to share your work Marco! These are beautiful renderings of very interesting aircraft.  Thank you.  We'll have to check out your e-card store when it's up and running and help the cause by purchasing some of your other beauties as well.   

Best regards,

Bob

matt77:

--- Quote from: rhallinger on July 13, 2020, 02:50:48 AM ---That's wonderful and generous to share your work Marco! These are beautiful renderings of very interesting aircraft.  Thank you.  We'll have to check out your e-card store when it's up and running and help the cause by purchasing some of your other beauties as well.   

Best regards,

Bob

--- End quote ---

I don't want to do marketing.
From the shop I made about thirty dollars in sixty days.
The equivalent and the cost of a drink offered to four friends.

Therefore, I prefer to offer a drink to my friends on this forum.

Prosit!

rhallinger:
Prosit, Marco! ;D  Thank you again, my friend, for both the fine artwork and the inspiration you provide.  Take care.

Cheers,

Bob

smperry:
Hi Matt
I am just getting started with paper card models and I'm having trouble printing them. I am in the US and use Letter size rather than A4 paper. My printer was set to print at 100%. Only it clipped the last inch or so off the sheets. When I switched to Print to Fit it printed everything, but at 92% of full size. I am wondering if the parts will still fit at 92% or will I need to order A4 paper. Oh, and what weight paper do you recommend?
Thanks
sp

matt77:

--- Quote from: smperry on July 13, 2020, 03:50:52 AM ---Hi Matt
I am just getting started with paper card models and I'm having trouble printing them. I am in the US and use Letter size rather than A4 paper. My printer was set to print at 100%. Only it clipped the last inch or so off the sheets. When I switched to Print to Fit it printed everything, but at 92% of full size. I am wondering if the parts will still fit at 92% or will I need to order A4 paper. Oh, and what weight paper do you recommend?
Thanks
sp

--- End quote ---

The paper models commonly use the international formats DIN A and B.
B4 and A3 for printed models, I believe B4 for copyright protection.
A4 for drawings in digital format and printed models.

The weight of the paper depends on the subject printed or to be printed.
Normally 140-160gr/m2 are used for wings and fuselages.  Sometimes even 200gr/m2. 
For small parts that need to be rolled up 85 gr/m2 is used.

The surface finish of the paper is important for the quality of the print. But also for the effects you want to achieve.
I prefer to use coated matte paper, but if you have to simulate a plywood fuselage, satin photo paper is excellent; the instruments can be printed on glossy photographic paper.

The best print is the lithographic one. For the self-made printout the ink jet is preferable (laser printing tends to crack, especially where there are dark colors and model manipulation)

I hope I was helpful.
matt77

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version