Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 435397 times)

Offline ermeio

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1605 on: November 22, 2015, 08:55:56 PM »
This year even the new issue of FineScaleModeler passed without any suggetion about their next move...
the iron courtain has thickened :-)
we need some WNWleaks here....

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #1606 on: November 22, 2015, 11:11:09 PM »
Hello All,

OK, so the last WNW posting date for the rest of the world is Friday 4 December. Tomorrow starts the last full week in November. My guess would be that to fulfil the initial rush of orders that would accompany a new release, alongside other Christmas sales, they'd ned to announce something in the next couple of days. Or maybe not?

Time, i think, to hold our nerve!

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Ron@redondo

« Reply #1607 on: November 23, 2015, 05:27:04 AM »
I think the Christmas surprise this year is there will be no Christmas surprise this year. Just my thought.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #1608 on: November 23, 2015, 05:32:44 AM »
I think the Christmas surprise this year is there will be no Christmas surprise this year. Just my thought.

RA hinted as much several months ago...

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #1609 on: November 23, 2015, 05:45:34 AM »
On another website, there is GB going till 15th Dec and the prize is a "surpize prize directly from WnW". In the previous years it have been the surprize kit, So I believe there will be a Christmas surprise.
Think globally, act locally!

Offline Malteser

« Reply #1610 on: November 23, 2015, 09:09:42 AM »
Just curious, does anyone know how many of each WNW is made?  Perhaps a set number or is production adjusted with demand?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

suzanne

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1611 on: November 23, 2015, 09:31:12 AM »
Good question Suzanne, but only Wingnuts know the answer. There has been a lot of speculation over the years on how many kits they make but it is only guess work, Wingnuts are very secretive with anything they do as you can tell by this topic. We are all patiently awaiting the release of their Christmas surprises, but it may be the case of no surprise at all this Christmas.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline zavod44

« Reply #1613 on: November 23, 2015, 02:07:54 PM »
Has anyone by chance read the intro page in the Windsock Guide to building the AEG?  I think there are some pretty interesting comments from Richard Alexander.  HE makes reference to being disappointed that other manufacturers have scaled back in the 1/32nd space.  HE also comments that the Camel is the first kit made due to popular demand, and that it marks WNW move from infancy to adolescence.  I would take that as first....they are not going anywhere, anytime soon, and also we just might see some of the kits that other manufacturers do make.  Such as the Camel and I would hope a few of the others, ie: DR 1, Nieuport, Spad, etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those as a Xmus surprise.  I think these guys know how to market something and I think they know this Xmus thing is huge.  You got to give the people what they want....it's how you become legend....plus they seem to work so hard at it and keeping big surprises secret, so they themselves are really into doing this.......Also last year FSM let the cat out of the bag early and they had to release the info a little early....

Online macsporran

« Reply #1614 on: November 23, 2015, 06:52:57 PM »
........ it marks WNW move from infancy to adolescence. ....

..... and, apparently, straight through to senescence!
S

Offline zavod44

« Reply #1615 on: November 27, 2015, 03:05:12 AM »
Well if they don't have a surprise and they took a kit away, this will be the worstest Xmus ever!   

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1616 on: November 27, 2015, 06:41:12 AM »
A kit going into the sold out list is 'usually' a good sign that a release is about to happen, we still have a few days before the 4th December.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1617 on: November 27, 2015, 07:55:30 AM »
   I "caved" and gave SWMBO my list of perfect Christmas packages, an early "Fee" with the book or a Fokker E.1 Now watch the Camel and another new one appear on the site...........!!! ::) ::) ::)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #1618 on: November 27, 2015, 08:13:28 AM »
Have a look at the Wingnuts site and the details for each kit. A surprising number have been released in December, as late as 16 December. Personally I would appreciate some earlier notification for budgeting purposes. I honestly don't understand the obsessive secrecy policy now. Why? Who are their competitors? Surely you tell your loyal customers what's coming for them so they set funds aside or put in Christmas gift requests. We're only a month out from Christmas and we still don't know if they will release anything. From a marketing perspective ( which is my day job) I just don't understand the strategy- especially for a business that relies wholly on external agencies ( postal services) to get their product to the customer by a specific date ( Christmas).

The 'will they or won't they' ? uncertainty just encouraged me to buy several of the outstanding new Takom armour and artillery kits. That's an exciting new direction in WW1 modelling. WnW are unquestionably the finest large scale WW1 aircraft models on the market but for WW1 subjects in general, they are not the only game in town.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #1619 on: November 27, 2015, 08:20:57 AM »
As a marketing guy, surely you must understand why they do it ;)

Same reason why Apple has insane secrecy on their product releases.

Hint: Look no further than this 124+ page thread of crazed speculation.