Author Topic: flight archive  (Read 890 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

flight archive
« on: June 25, 2015, 01:05:31 AM »
some of you i am sure know about this site. and i am sure most of you know about "flight international" the oldest aircraft publication that i know of. it began in 1909 and continues today. it had write ups and photos as well as many drawings and plan views of just about everything you can imagine. you can browse the archive by setting to and from dates then type in what you are looking for. hot search and you will get very intersting info. if you click on a tiny page it downloads and then you can view it at your leisure . i just figure i mention it cuz i was looking up some info on the dfw mars arrow biplane.there are photos and diagrams that i havent seen before.

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/search.aspx?ArchiveSearchForm%24search=dfw+mars+arrow+biplane&ArchiveSearchForm%24fromYear=1909&ArchiveSearchForm%24toYear=1918&x=0&y=0

Offline ermeio

Re: flight archive
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 06:48:15 AM »
Thanks for sharing
there was a brilliant article in an Airfix magazine of the 70s about the DFW Mars
Harry Woodman was the author

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 07:02:34 AM »
Talking of the DFW mars I have wanted a couple of the VLE vacs to do both versions,If any one cares to do a sale or trade for something or other from my stash,I would be mighty interested.
  The Flight archive is a fantastic source of aviation history!

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 03:25:45 AM »
yeah I've been looking for those two vacuforms myself for about a year