Author Topic: Albatros DV 1/48 finished  (Read 3058 times)

Offline huberlu

Albatros DV 1/48 finished
« on: December 31, 2017, 10:51:40 PM »
Hello,

Some pictures of DV during assembly.

Some useful links:

[url] http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=328.0 [/ url] full of links on this page.
[url] http://wwimodeller.co.nz/walkaround-tval-albatros-dv-part-4-of-4/ # jp-carousel-14714 [/ url] Lots of pictures on this one.

The stick,  is partly remade for something finer. Two tubes stretched cotton swab for wooden handle. Two U-shaped parts of wire (0.3mm) for joining the two handles. The rest is plastic.

The cockpit is fitted with original parts and cables stretched plastic.

The pump is painted Alclad aluminum and covered with hazelnut ink prince august.

On the panel behind the seat I stuck a plastic brace. I covered two layers of aluminum tape and a piece of decal.

The protective coating is made of Teflon tape, that is used to seal the joints in plumbing. It is not expensive, ca cuts easily, but it is a little too thin.
I tried on the vertical tubes (picture left) Tamiya tape. All is covered with surfacer.

The Engine is finished.

Brown tube that runs the length of the cylinders is a band decal painted when dry.
The calligraphy serial number is not good but too bad .. anyway we do not see.

I did an oil tank cut from a piece of plastic. The straps are Tamiya tape. Not worth too much detail it's just to fill the void ....

The reservoir between the cockpit and the engine is rectangular rod evergreen 2 x 3mm (it's a bit thin). One for the upper part, two for the bottom. The base is resized so that the tank does not rise too high.

Everything is painted in Alclad brass and  the weathering is made with "engine grime" from AK Interactive. The product has a bit the same color as the underside of a car or a used engine. I like ...

The flange of the engine cover (which was made finer) is surrounded by a wire stretched plastic adhered to the liquid adhesive as many times as there are curves on the rim.

The front of the body is pierced with a scalpel blade and refined maximum. There must be a interval between the cover and the propeller spinner.

That is sanded to remove almost mm diameter (and thus mm material across the surface to retain its original shape).

Finally we see nothing about the little closed oil tank and the engine once in place ...

Engraving ...

- A vertical line behind the manholes.
- A horizontal line which passes between the two air vents.
  . Notice that the vertical slot of the above is too big 1/3....and both hatches round visits were different diameter ( I think).

I finished her. I followed the "wingnut wings" instructions to paint her. The colors seem to me more conform to black and white photos.

The length of the landing gear is increased with piece of plastic.I I used the notice from "wingnut wings" to place it as well as possible. Curiously, the position of the train on the fuselage of the eduard kit seems (to me) to be wrong at the front.
I used "evergreen" rectangular profile fixed with tamiya glue (green cap) and resized with sandpaper on a wedge. I add two mm, I think ...

I modified:

- Landing gear fixings
- Length of the legs of the landing gear
- The release of the gun launches rocket
- Windshield
- The edge of the hood
- "Elastic" for the landing gear.

Regards.

Offline davec

Re: Albatros DV 1/48 finished
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 11:14:31 PM »
Congratulations on finishing.  All the modifications came out great.  Really impressive!

Dave

Online Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 11:17:00 PM »
Congratulations, she looks like its bigger cousin by WnW.  Your details are mini-masterpieces.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 11:21:16 PM »
Stunning Model! Your added details, corrective work and painting are all first class Modeling! Beautiful weathering!!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Bughunter

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 11:35:56 PM »
Wow! Your Albatros is a fantastic model! I like it a lot and will bookmark it, because I want to build exactly this model from the limited series kit.
Thank you for showing all those progress pictures.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 11:48:12 PM »
   Amazing detail for it's scale, you really brought this Kit into another class with your additions. Lovely work!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Borsos

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 12:31:43 AM »
I echoe all the positive comments above: This is a wonderful Albatros D V in one of the most beautiful schemes I know. Flashar himself would be proud of your model.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 02:22:16 AM »
One word..... Stunning!

vB  :)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline iwik