Author Topic: Wanted WNW Hansa Brandenberg W 29  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Targetmarker

Wanted WNW Hansa Brandenberg W 29
« on: February 19, 2013, 08:38:03 AM »
I know i probably have not a chance of one of these being available but im begging if anybody has a spare one they would  be willing to part with for non crazy money i would really like to build it as my first build as rigging is  in short supply on it.  ;). i promise to build it and not consign it to loft insulation ...well its out there.
Thanks all
Donncha

Offline michael

Re: Wanted WNW Hansa Brandenberg W 29
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 03:04:27 AM »
if you can't get your hands on a w29 the junkers j1 has very little rigging also the fokkers don't have much in the way of rigging i think

michael
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 03:46:03 PM »
yeah really the fokker dvii only has the criss cross btw the landing gear, besides the control cables, so no more than a w29 which has the criss cross btw the floats. but you could also get rodens fokker dr.1 or dvi which dont have rigging either. then theres always the junkers. but dont be scared of rigging, its not hard. just a matter of a litt more work. which in a sense gives you more value for your model buck cuz you get to take and extra nite to rigg it.

Offline Targetmarker

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 08:50:08 AM »
Thanks for the replies will def be using this forum when i need advice on rigging ;) Got the Fokker OAV  yesterday, man she is a beauty going to be getting plenty more the quality was breathtaking,wish WNW had been round years ago. I would say they will be tempting many non WW1 modellers to change to modelling these beautys!
Still hoping for a W 29 though she looks a fantastic kit ;D
Kind regards
Donncha

Offline michael

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 08:04:06 PM »
Great stuff Donncha looking forward to your Fokker build and good luck with it

michael
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”

Offline Rob_Owens

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 08:32:23 AM »
Rumor has it that the W.29 will be a future WnW re-release with more PE, so you may see prices for the original release descend from their present stratospheric heights. I'm continuously kicking my own hindquarters for assuming the original wouldn't sell out. :'( I'm not interested in the W.29; I want to do an IVL A-22 on skis.
Regards, Rob

Offline panthergreen

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 07:51:54 PM »

Offline Targetmarker

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 10:54:46 AM »
@ panthergreen...Yep saw it ..bid on it...went for crazy money which i dont have :(
Thanks for the heads up
Donncha