Author Topic: Fokker Dr1 1/24th scale: Jasta 11  (Read 2461 times)

Offline NigelR

Re: Fokker Dr1 1/24th scale.
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2024, 09:17:25 PM »
Interesting. The 1/32 kits all seemed to have warped wings but it hasn't been reported with the 1/24 kits. Well done for spotting it and fixing it.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2024, 09:44:52 PM »
Good to see this one being built.

But I'm boggling with looking at 1/144 models and this one in 1/24!

At a train show recently I chatted to a chap with a Z scale layout and made the mistake of asking if it was 1/144: he was outraged. No, you mean those N scale things, they are huge (1/160), he said, this is Z scale - 1/220 - the scale of the Gods!

Sandy

Online RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2024, 11:16:52 AM »
Good job! As you've made cuts and used glue, I suppose you're farther on in the build process than me with my SE.5s... I've only reached the stage with bits on cocktail sticks.

Cheers
Fredrik

Thanks Fredrik, I made a small amount of progress today.
RAGIII

Interesting. The 1/32 kits all seemed to have warped wings but it hasn't been reported with the 1/24 kits. Well done for spotting it and fixing it.

Yeah, Like I said, I don't think this is a common Issue. That being said I would suggest anyone building this kit check out the upper wing!
RAGIII

Good to see this one being built.

But I'm boggling with looking at 1/144 models and this one in 1/24!

At a train show recently I chatted to a chap with a Z scale layout and made the mistake of asking if it was 1/144: he was outraged. No, you mean those N scale things, they are huge (1/160), he said, this is Z scale - 1/220 - the scale of the Gods!

Sandy

Yep, Some Incredible work will be Done in a Bunch of Scales!
RAGIII

So todays work was on the seat belts and seat:

Honestly speaking I found the fabric belts to be a pain. When removed from the backing they were Extremely sticky. To the pont I found I had to
use goo gone to remove the gum so I could feed the belts through the PE buckles. In the end I won the battle  ::)

RAGIII

« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 11:59:45 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline NigelR

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2024, 06:50:50 PM »
I too am not a fan of the fabric seatbelts. They don't seem a major improvement over PE to me.  Well done for winning the battle.....

Offline AngryJazz

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2024, 08:59:17 PM »
Excellent progress! Looks great  ;D

I also thought the 1/24 was better in terms of top wing. It's really the only thing keeping me from getting the 1/32 and 1/24 Dr1. However looks like you fixed it very easily!
//Ben

Online RAGIII

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2024, 12:42:47 AM »
I too am not a fan of the fabric seatbelts. They don't seem a major improvement over PE to me.  Well done for winning the battle.....

Thanks Nigel. I think I am finding trouble where others sail through without a Hitch  :-\
RAGIII

Excellent progress! Looks great  ;D

I also thought the 1/24 was better in terms of top wing. It's really the only thing keeping me from getting the 1/32 and 1/24 Dr1. However looks like you fixed it very easily!

Like I said I seem to be the Only one that had a Warp in the 1/24th scale upper wing. I had to make the cuts in order to be able to bend it slightly into shape.

As for the 1/32nd , yes, they are all pretty much warped. The Fix on that one is Easy!! Just bend gently until the wing is straight. I have fixed four and they All remain straight!! Takes about 5 minutes for me now.
RAGIII

PS: I still have lots to do on the on the fabric behind the seat as well as some touch up on the seat itself!

Online RAGIII

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2024, 08:59:39 AM »
A little progress on the fabric and seat/belts.
RAGIII

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2024, 02:39:41 AM »
Like the choice of Scheme Amigo! It is odd that it has not been done more.

Apologies for not answering your messages about this kit , I have been pre-occupied with other things and have not been on here  or even modeling for 2+ months.

Ed

« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 02:45:36 AM by dr 1 ace »
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2024, 10:02:48 AM »
Like the choice of Scheme Amigo! It is odd that it has not been done more.

Apologies for not answering your messages about this kit , I have been pre-occupied with other things and have not been on here  or even modeling for 2+ months.

Ed

Thanks Amigo! It is a great scheme and like you I don't know why more have not been modeled.
Here is todays progress. Interior painted with Valejo Ivory with wood grain using oils. Oil stains are a mix of Burnt Umber and Balck. It looks sort of Ugly right now but once all together it will be convincing!

RAGIII

Offline FAf

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2024, 06:13:48 PM »
Nothing ugly as far as I can see! I hadn't given the much thought to this giant version... now I'm beginning to entertain the idea of a purchase.
/Fredrik

Offline NigelR

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2024, 06:36:49 PM »
Good progress here. The interior of thw 1/32 kits is very nice and goes together well, it will be interesting to see how this one develops....

Online RAGIII

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2024, 01:55:05 AM »
Nothing ugly as far as I can see! I hadn't given the much thought to this giant version... now I'm beginning to entertain the idea of a purchase.
/Fredrik

Thanks Fredrik! It is worth while, especially if you get a Deal like I did!
RAGIII

Good progress here. The interior of thw 1/32 kits is very nice and goes together well, it will be interesting to see how this one develops....

Thanks Nigel. So far everything seems like it will assemble as well or better than the 1/32nd kit. The major difference is certain details are molded separately in this one. There are of course, added details also. We shall see  8)
RAGIII

Offline ondra

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2024, 02:12:03 AM »
Great job on the woodgrain, seat and bulkhead, Rick! Looks brilliant.

Looking forward to folowing the progress.

Cheers.

Ondra

Online RAGIII

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2024, 01:26:49 PM »
Great job on the woodgrain, seat and bulkhead, Rick! Looks brilliant.

Looking forward to folowing the progress.

Cheers.

Ondra

Thanks Ondra! A productive day at the Bench resulted in the interior being finished and the fuselage halves joined:
RAGIII

« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 01:31:51 PM by RAGIII »

Offline NigelR

Re: Fokker Dr1 1/24th scale: Jasta 11
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2024, 06:24:12 PM »
Looking good, that's all gone together really well. A very nice interior.