Author Topic: Dual Build: Roden 1/32nd Albatros DIII (OAW): Jasta 10, WNW ALbatrosDV: Jasta11  (Read 91698 times)

Offline mgunns

I like it Rick.  Taking a big chance on overpainting the lozenge but; you pulled it off and it looks the part alright.  I too like the sleek lines of the Albatri and the engine area buttoned up, makes the aircraft look complete, there's enough sticking out to detail to add that bit of interest to the front end.  The wood affect on the DIII is outstanding and, gotta love that Aviattic Lozenge, nice stuff.  Looking forward to the next update.
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline krow113

Lovely work going on here...

Offline RAGIII

I like it Rick.  Taking a big chance on overpainting the lozenge but; you pulled it off and it looks the part alright.  I too like the sleek lines of the Albatri and the engine area buttoned up, makes the aircraft look complete, there's enough sticking out to detail to add that bit of interest to the front end.  The wood affect on the DIII is outstanding and, gotta love that Aviattic Lozenge, nice stuff.  Looking forward to the next update.

Thanks Mark. Your comments are appreciated. This is the 4th time I have oversprayed Lozenge decals with varying results. I like how this one turned out.
RAGIII
Lovely work going on here...

Thanks Steve. I appreciate you looking in and commenting.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RAGIII

I have painted the bands and Forward fuselage on the Jasta 11 Albatros. Next I will Mask off all of the color and paint the base for the wood portions of the fuselage.
RAGIII

Offline lone modeller

The finish that you are achieving on this model is simply georgeous Rick. All that masking would drive me around the bend, never mind that I have never been able to master the dark arts of the airbrush....

Stephen.

Offline Trackpad

"I have painted the bands and Forward fuselage on the Jasta 11 Albatros. Next I will Mask off all of the color and paint the base for the wood portions of the fuselage."

I'm quiteinterested in watching how you deal with the exposed wooden areas of the fuselage. My Albi rear fuselage continues to stumble to completion and a lesson or two from your project will be very valuable.  ;D

Beautiful paintwork, especially (as has been noted by several visitors) your over-painted lozenge fabric. A very nice touch, very nicely executed!  8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline wmoran

Great looking model Rick.  I am also interested in how you are going to do the bare wood sections.  I would have had to paint the bare wood first and then mask it to paint the markings.  Otherwise, I would end up with a ridge of oil paint next to the markings when the masking tape was pulled off.

Bill

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
    Striking colors Rick, she's really starting to "pop out". The wood sections will really bring it all together, this is going to be a real eye catcher! Looking forward to the next chapter .......... :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
    Striking colors Rick, she's really starting to "pop out". The wood sections will really bring it all together, this is going to be a real eye catcher! Looking forward to the next chapter .......... :)
Cheers,
Lance

Agree 100% with Lance, very striking.

Offline dr 1 ace

Good progress !!

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline gbrivio

They both look really good. Nice updating.
Giuseppe

Offline RAGIII

Thanks for all of the positive feedback Guys! As for the wood painting it worked out well doing the bands first on the DIII so I am hopeful I will get equally as good results on the DV. The tan base coat evens out the edge left by the bands. I use the oils sparingly so no build up should occur...I Hope!
RAGIII

Offline GazzaS

Rick,
   You're giving me Albatros envy!  Love the colors.  Can't wait for the next update.

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline RAGIII

Rick,
   You're giving me Albatros envy!  Love the colors.  Can't wait for the next update.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz.
I am sure I will feel the same way as you progress on yours  8)
RAGIII

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
As others have said - this is going to be a very flashy bird!!

Steve