Author Topic: I ain't dead yet.  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Dal Gavan

I ain't dead yet.
« on: May 28, 2016, 10:06:56 PM »
G'day, all.

I've been fairly low profile for a while now.  There were a few issues I've had to deal with and I had to come to grips with the idea of going back to work.  I noticed that all the photo's I'd put up have disappeared.  My apologies for that, but Michelle changed her ISP and I had to change to an email only plan (to keep my email address), so lost my server space.  However, next month I move back to Canberra and rejoin the work force (yes, Patrick, I finally found a job- the black hole of Defence has dragged me back).  I'll go back to my old ISP and be able to put the Cosford photo's back up.

Retirement wasn't bad, but I suppose I'm one of those people who needs a job to feel useful.  So it's back up the hill and farewell to watching the "Yoga Mums" exercising on the beach as I drink my coffee.  Who knows, I may even find time to complete the SPAD XIII, Pup and Tripe that are sitting in various stages of completion.

Cheers.

Dal.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: I ain't dead yet.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 01:36:52 AM »
Well, Dal, it's with mixed emotions that I welcome you back.  First off, it's great to see you posting again.  If you're happy, then I'm glad you're back at work, but sorry to see that your time with the yoga mums has come to an end.
Cheers,
Bud
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 03:20:51 AM by coyotemagic »
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 03:19:19 AM »
Welcome back, Dal.  The yoga mums loss is our gain. :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 03:30:10 AM »
great to see you back, Dal!

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 08:04:39 AM »
Good to see you back Dal, your a diamond. It's good to see you about again. Now I'll need to post some picks of my Junkers so you can see where those bits you sent to me ended up  ;)

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 08:08:18 AM »
Welcome back Dal, hope to see you start posting again soon.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 11:34:06 AM »
Thanks, everyone, I always check in but haven't had anything to contribute.  You blokes still make me feel amazed by your skill- Bo, your never-ending-Albie and Des' scratch-builds are still gobsmacking.  I don't think the yoga mums will miss me- they have a few admirers. 

I've become a procrastinator while not working- if I ran into a problem then I'd put the model/figure aside and do something else, because there was always tomorrow.  Now I'll be building to relax after work, to unwind, so I may actually finish something!

Keith, yes please, mate.  I'd really like to see how it turned out.

Cheers.

Dal.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 01:34:59 PM »
good to see you back mate. cheers and good luck with all of your endeavers

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 05:57:40 PM »
Welcome back, mate!

I've not been around much of late so understand where you are coming from.  Look forward to seeing your work on display again, Dal.

Regards

Dave

As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Online RAGIII

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 11:33:54 PM »
Well, Dal, it's with mixed emotions that I welcome you back.  First off, it's great to see you posting again.  If you're happy, then I'm glad you're back at work, but sorry to see that your time with the yoga mums has come to an end.
Cheers,
Bud

;D I agree with Bud on this one. Welcome back!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 12:40:03 AM »
Dal,
    Wonderful to see you back here! Dont give going back to work a second thought, its a hard thing to retire, just ask me, I honestly retired 4 times and ended up going back before I stayed home for good the fifth time, at age 69! Its in our blood and I bet youll take a few more tries as well! ;)
Cheers,
Lance

WarrenD

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 02:56:40 AM »
Welcome back Dal.

Warren