Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 367064 times)

Offline jknaus

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #1365 on: July 17, 2015, 12:55:49 PM »
The microscope in place. I really hope this is worth it.

James

Offline Thumbs up

« Reply #1366 on: July 17, 2015, 03:31:32 PM »
Are you trying to find your workbench?

;D ;D

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #1367 on: July 17, 2015, 04:53:08 PM »
A set of Bo's wonder rim caps turned up last night and very nice they're too!

vB ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #1368 on: July 18, 2015, 12:55:13 AM »
Just arrived in yesterdays Mail. Pheons DH9 Decals. This is the second time I have pre-ordered decals for a Model I do not own  ::)
The first was the Salmson and I ordered the kit shortly after receiving the decals so I can only hope this sheet offers the same inspiration.
RAGIII

"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1369 on: July 18, 2015, 06:03:45 AM »
The microscope in place. I really hope this is worth it.

James

Awesome James, and I thought the Optivisor was the ultimate..........!!
Enjoy!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1370 on: July 18, 2015, 06:14:06 AM »
   This has arrived in "dribs and Drabs" over the past several weeks. Lots of exciting stuff from HGW including some rivets and the DV / Va Radiator:

Several of the outstanding GasPatch Guns for the next several Builds:

..................and more of Rowan's fine Decal Sets, you can never have enough Albie Schemes! The W29 won't be used until Aviattic's Naval Hex Lozenge becomes available. Similarly the W12 Set has been pre-paid but will go on hold.

With the Canadian Dollar plunging even further today I'm glad I got these overdue purchases done; this currency war is getting scary and I think my next order could be a long way in the future! :(
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #1371 on: July 18, 2015, 11:47:00 AM »
Nice, Lance!  You are certainly right about the poor, bedraggled Loonie.
Any day now I expect Mr. Harper to peg it to the Peso. ;D  Not good
when the cost of a WnW single seater is at $90Cad.  I'm glad you got your
goodies before the drop, my friend. :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1372 on: July 18, 2015, 01:13:04 PM »
A nice haul Lance, should keep you happy for a day or two. I feel your pain with the Canadian dollar, our Aussie dollar has hit a ten year low which makes buying anything from overseas out of the question, that is of course unless I really want it  ;) ;)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1373 on: July 18, 2015, 09:30:15 PM »
My P&M motorcycle with rider and sidecar turned up today and I must say, it is a very impressive kit, some really fine details. I am also impressed with the way in which the kit arrived, it is packed neatly inside a hard plastic box which in turn was inside a large cardboard box with plenty of packing, well done Aviattic.

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #1374 on: July 18, 2015, 11:28:10 PM »
Not much in the lines of anything new but I did pick up Tamiya's 1/32 scale spitfire and GWH Douglas TBD-1A Floatplane .

Terri

That's a really nice version of the Spitfire from what I've seen, Terri. :)

I thought WNW was impressive , this kit sets the bar very high ! The cowl panels and the framing have magnets which hold the panels in place so they can be removed to show off the engine .

Terri

George
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #1375 on: July 19, 2015, 02:58:47 AM »
Terri,
is there another forum where you post your WWII builds? I'd love to see your Spitfire when you start building it as well as seeing some of your other non WWI builds.

George

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #1376 on: July 19, 2015, 08:16:30 AM »
Hi George ,

Yes , I post my WW2 builds here  http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/

I just doing a build review of a BF 109 http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=234276&page=1

And also this one P-51B http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=235257&page=1

I also added two more kit's for the stash . Both Tamiya 32 scale P-51D and a F4U-1 Corsair  8)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #1377 on: July 19, 2015, 09:14:29 AM »
Hi George ,

Yes , I post my WW2 builds here  http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/

I just doing a build review of a BF 109 http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=234276&page=1

And also this one P-51B http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=235257&page=1

I also added two more kit's for the stash . Both Tamiya 32 scale P-51D and a F4U-1 Corsair  8)

Terri

Very nice work on your WWII models, Terri! You have 3 of the Tamiya 1/32 "Big Four" kits. You just need the Zero to complete the set. If I didn't already have so many WWI kits (more than I can build) I would love to build one of those 4 Tamiya kits.

George

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #1378 on: July 19, 2015, 01:11:28 PM »
Hey George ,

I will get the zero down the road but my next 32 scale will be WNW Roland D.VIb . Already have the Pfalz D.IIIa . I'm getting hook on 32 scale more and more . However , this will only be my favorite aircraft or one that I have a very keen interest in .

The Tamiya 32 scale kits will be for a theme . My Dad past away a few years back and he loved WW 2 aircraft . The Spitfire,Mustand and the Corsair are is favorite aircraft and once built they will be displayed by his ashes . He also have a thing for few types of WW1 aircraft , loved the Fokker Dr.1

Not sure I will get the Zero , already have their 48 scale kit which is their new tool which came out 5 years ago . Very impressive kit ! Like a miniature WNW kit , but WW 2 .

Thanks for the kind comments on my efforts . Many years ago I built nothing but WW 2 aircraft and is still in my blood .

Terri

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline ondra

« Reply #1379 on: July 23, 2015, 09:17:23 PM »
YEEEEESSSS!!!   :) Just arrived from Bavaria.