WW1 Aircraft Art > Paintings/Drawings/CGI of WW1 aircraft

New painting - Barker's Revelation

<< < (3/4) > >>

coyotemagic:

--- Quote from: RussellSmith on February 14, 2016, 09:04:44 AM ---Thanks so much everyone. The challenge to this one was getting the correct balance of values in background so that they didn't compete with the Camel.

--- End quote ---
I think you've achieved that balance perfectly, Russ!  One can even sense Barker's amazement by his posture.  Truly stunning work.
Cheers,
Bud

James:
Dude, that is a beautiful painting. Wow! What aircraft is Barker flying?

dr 1 ace:

--- Quote from: James on February 18, 2016, 12:50:30 AM ---Dude, that is a beautiful painting. Wow! What aircraft is Barker flying?

--- End quote ---

It is B6313, his Camel from 28 Sqn. to 66 Sqn. to 139 Sqn. He scored 46 of his 50 victories in it making it the "King Camel" of the war. His kill marks are thin white stripes on the leading port strut.  I believe it to be the only British a/c to have victory markings.

James:

--- Quote from: dr 1 ace on February 18, 2016, 04:53:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: James on February 18, 2016, 12:50:30 AM ---Dude, that is a beautiful painting. Wow! What aircraft is Barker flying?

--- End quote ---

It is B6313, his Camel from 28 Sqn. to 66 Sqn. to 139 Sqn. He scored 46 of his 50 victories in it making it the "King Camel" of the war. His kill marks are thin white stripes on the leading port strut.  I believe it to be the only British a/c to have victory markings.

--- End quote ---

Thank you. Now, I think I may have to get a Wingnut Camel whenever it comes out as Barker's Camel in this painting will be one to do.

Dave in Dubai:
Absolutely beautiful work Russell!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version