Author Topic: How many forum members are working in 1/48th and 1/72 scale?  (Read 6191 times)

Offline andonio64

• There's no hurry
Re: How many forum members are working in 1/48th and 1/72 scale?
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2015, 03:59:34 AM »
I build mainly in 1/48 which is indeed my favourite scale, but I also have some 1/72 kits, I don't like that scale very much but there are some planes represented only in 72nd or sometimes some friend gives me a 72 kit for free because he changed his mind about ww1 planes and does not work on that any more...

I also have many 1/144 kits because I like them looking as small toys and to be honest I prefer them to the 72.

As far as 1/32 is concerned I bought just the Academy Ni17 (very cheap from the backyard of my local modeling shop) already with Baracca in my mind, now it looks as the most important in my display case. And I don't think I will do any more 32nd scale kits. WNW kits sound too expensive for my average modeling skills, and I'm not attracted by them, preferring to leave those kits to master modelers such as many in this forum!
;-)

WarrenD

Re: How many forum members are working in 1/48th and 1/72 scale?
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2015, 08:22:27 AM »
WNW kits sound too expensive for my average modeling skills, and I'm not attracted by them, preferring to leave those kits to master modelers such as many in this forum!

Same here Andonio, I know I cannot do them justice. I have some in the stash in case I ever get "good enough", and if I don't, I can sell them.

Warren