Author Topic: Authentic color Drooling Bulldog  (Read 41151 times)

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
Re: Authentic color Drooling Bulldog
« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2015, 02:43:15 AM »
Fantastic news regarding the PC 10 & 12.  Are other RFC colors imminent, such as Battleship Gray, and the Middle Eastern reddish brown?
Honor Necessity

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2015, 03:16:41 AM »
here we go again I thought the Middle Eastern reddish brown was PC 12

Offline von Mertens

« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2015, 05:24:38 AM »
Exactly! Middle Eastern  reddish brown was PC 12!  :)

Offline Eric Armstrong

« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2015, 06:46:09 AM »
here we go again I thought the Middle Eastern reddish brown was PC 12
Not everyone on here is an "experten".

Von Mertens, Will other RFC colors be offered, such as Battleship Grey or any other colors in the PC range?
Honor Necessity

Offline von Mertens

« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2015, 06:58:04 AM »
Naturally! I now work on the whole color palette, I hope that I will expand the range of a bulldog soon!  :)

Offline Eric Armstrong

« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2016, 02:36:48 PM »
Looks like the Drooling Bulldog guys are increasing their product line with a selection of four different colors for linen: Bleached Linen, Unbleached Linen, Cream Yellow and Pale Cream Yellow.  I decided to put my money where my mouth is and I ordered some.  http://www.droolingbulldog.com/products/linen-edition/

Looking forward to seeing and using these.  I would also be interested to know from the Drooling Bulldog guys regarding which aircraft these different canvas shades would likely have appeared on.
Honor Necessity

Online ondra

« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2016, 05:35:06 PM »
Hi Eric,

I have the linen edition on my workbench too, could not resist. :)

On Sergey's behalf please let me answer your questions: all of these four paints come from the new product line of Drooling Bulldog, tailor made paints. To be more specific, Sergey is now able to mix paints on customers' demand. This linen edition was tailor made for one customer building the WNW Albatros B.II - bleached linen, unbleached linen and pale cream yellow (colours "I", "M" and "U" in the WNW construction manual). Cream yellow is suitable especially for allied aircraft, as it represents linen with thick coat of varnish. All in all, the paints are universal and their use is difficult to assign to a specific type of aircraft, photos of original kite will be the best guideline.

Two remarks from my experience: bleached linen and unbleached linen are great for weathering (strongly thinned ideal for airbrush applied filters etc.), pale cream yellow is great for lightening warm colours to scale (e. g. kraplak).

Hope this helps, in case of any further details needed, please let me know any time, will be happy to help.

Cheers.

Ondra

Online ondra

« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2016, 06:16:08 PM »
One more remark from Sergey - these paints are also great as base for transparent decals and woodgrain. ;)

WarrenD

« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2016, 11:32:11 PM »
I want them all, the whole line.  ;D

Warren

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2016, 02:32:42 AM »
I really like DB paints -- except the damn labels which are nearly impossible to read! Doesn't help that the bottles are brown so you can't see the contents...  :D

WarrenD

« Reply #175 on: January 23, 2016, 02:52:04 AM »
I guess we can't have it all Bo. I took to labeling the tops of my paint bottles some time back with small, round Avery labels.

Warren

Offline Eric Armstrong

« Reply #176 on: January 23, 2016, 02:54:34 AM »

Warren
Okay then, get crackin' and buy 'em.
Honor Necessity

Online ondra

« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2016, 04:10:37 AM »
I really like DB paints -- except the damn labels which are nearly impossible to read! Doesn't help that the bottles are brown so you can't see the contents...  :D
Yes, the labels are a difficult issue to me too. On the one hand, I love the design of the DB bottles resembling the old labels from the beginning of 20th century. Perfect job in these terms. On the other hand, I had to do the same as Warren did, I marked the caps with stickers painted with the respective shade - even though I build 1/144, this was beyond my eyesight. :) I talked to Sergey about this and I understand his point. The bottle design is far from retail common layout, but it is very unique, which is in line with the whole Drooling Bulldog philosophy.

However, it is fair to say that the latest labels are much better. The labels on the linen edition are significantly easier to read.

WarrenD

« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2016, 05:04:55 AM »

Warren
Okay then, get crackin' and buy 'em.

Why don't you get crackin' and buy them for me Eric?  ::)  ;)

Warren

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2016, 05:59:22 AM »
I guess we can't have it all Bo. I took to labeling the tops of my paint bottles some time back with small, round Avery labels.

Warren

i spray the caps with the leftover paint in my airbrush before cleaning it.

Yes, this is hardly a deal breaker -- just annoying that I have to get out my magna visor to read the label :)