WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Hints and Tips/Questions about modeling

Fokker Streaking. Show your Method

<< < (15/16) > >>

rayb24:
My first attempt with brushed on oils, using Windsor and Newton series 2 oils.. still a work in progress. This is a 1/48th F1 (voss’s) aircraft thats on my workbench..

Issues that I have to think through is the buildup on rib tapes and matching colours with airbrushed cowl.  But all in all its a fairly easy process

4E17F1D1-2CC8-4F27-878B-92C4FED728EE by Ray, on Flickr

FE241287-FBA8-4AF1-BC6A-40D414A5DEC1 by Ray, on Flickr

Ray

RAGIII:
Looking great! As for the build up on the tapes you should be able to blend the oils in while still wet. On the other hand I have noticed some build up on the tapes(outlining almost) on the real birds. A wide, very soft, flat brush helps with the blending.
RAGIII

RAGIII:
I tried a little different Method on this Roden Fokker DR1. I used Acrylics as seen in the photo. The wash was applied and also mixed with the other colors to add differnet intensities to the streaks. The usual brushes were used to remove and smooth the unwanted paint.

RAGIII

Bughunter:
Rick, this looks nice and with acrylic paint it is may be a quicker method, but the streaking reference is (for me) your D.VII on top of the page! ;)

Cheers,
Frank

RAGIII:
I figured I would add the other three Triplanes to the thread. All are done with oils using the standard method and colors: Ivory black, Cadmium Yellow (50/50 mix, and just a "Touch" of Harrison red.
RAGIII

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version