Author Topic: A message of thanks from Roden in the Ukraine  (Read 2144 times)

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
Re: A message of thanks from Roden in the Ukraine
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2022, 04:35:14 AM »
As much as I may root for the Ukraine I certainly don't hate the Russians.
Hear hear.
Zac in NZ

Offline Rookie

• No guts, no glory...
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2022, 08:51:13 AM »
Today in Holland it was a fundraising day for the refugees fleeing en masse from the Ukraine. All day  people could donate money on a special account of united Dutch aid organisations. Tonight there was a live television show with representatives from all concerned and with musical performances. At the end the total amount of money that was donated was revealed: 106 million euros.

That is an amazing amount of money for a tiny country with only 17.5 milion inhabitants and I think it is heartwarming.

Were similar events organised in more countries?

Willem

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2022, 09:59:16 AM »
Just a note folks about the many fund raising ventures currently underway to support Ukraine.

Social media has featured bank account details for various fund raising initiatives and we are aware of fund raising ventures in multiple countries.

I have been asked by individuals and some model businesses to promote these initiatives on the Forum.

We feel the Forum, as an international site, needs to remain as neutral and apolitical as possible amid the hostilities. Our stance has and continues to be not to get involved in politics and we wish only peace and safety to the staff and families of Roden and all of the many model businesses based in the Ukraine and all of the people of the Ukraine.

I would ask members not to post addresses for bank accounts and similar fund raising ventures because, in my view, that tips us over from neutral to 'involved' in this terrible war.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2022, 06:31:40 PM »
Thank you Dave, for what my opinion can be worth, I fully support your position.
Ciao
Giuseppe

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2022, 01:48:08 PM »
Hi
Got an email from Aviattic today. Some tasty new Fok d7 decals some with Ukrainian theme. All profits to help.
Daz
‘Not all who wander are lost‘