Author Topic: New Wingnut Wings kit introduced at Nuremberg Toy Fair! And it is a ...  (Read 27165 times)

Offline oldalbie

Re: New Wingnut Wings kit introduced at Nuremberg Toy Fair! And it is a ...
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2017, 03:19:21 AM »
The SPAD XIII by Hobbycraft is a nice kit, but trying to find one is like finding a unicorn.  Besides that, WNW would do a much better job of it anyway IMHO.  Another thing is that Austro-Hungarian AC are very under represented in 1/32.  I'm looking forward to the HPH Berg D. I, but it will most likely be pretty expensive.

Offline petrov27

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2017, 03:46:37 AM »
The SPAD XIII by Hobbycraft is a nice kit, but trying to find one is like finding a unicorn.  Besides that, WNW would do a much better job of it anyway IMHO.  Another thing is that Austro-Hungarian AC are very under represented in 1/32.  I'm looking forward to the HPH Berg D. I, but it will most likely be pretty expensive.

True - only one HC Spad on ebay now and its for a dear price. I have personally come around to wishing WNW does reconsider their stance and does a Spad 13 and especially a Nieuport 17 - initially I was totally on board with their policy and hoping they concentrated only types not yet done in 1/32. But, while yes, the older kits can be built into very nice pieces with effort, scratching details, aftermarket, etc, they are just so, so far under the quality and detail fidelity that is being done by WNW in their kits....
-Patrick

Offline Derrick

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2017, 04:51:08 AM »
I ordered the international version of the Spad from these guys a few weeks ago. I already had the Aces version. Maybe give them a try. Currency is Canadian pesos  :P

http://hobbywholesale.com/search/keywords=spad/filter_mfg=249

Offline tomcervo

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2017, 06:11:51 AM »

Exactly the same with the good HC Camels, also hard to fond and expensive, given that their original shelf price was $20.
And Roden didn't stop WNW from molding SE5a's, D.H.2's or Pfalz DIII's. Their choices seem to stem from whim and not the market, which means get your favorite while you can--they may be a long time gone.

Offline timpivonka

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2017, 06:38:36 AM »
I hope Copper State sticks with 1/48th.  Their new kits are great and I would like to see them expand their line.

Tim Pivonka

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2017, 04:14:05 AM »
Yea copper state should stay with 1/48. 1/48 has been severely neglected for the last several years.

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2017, 09:47:56 AM »

Exactly the same with the good HC Camels, also hard to fond and expensive, given that their original shelf price was $20.
And Roden didn't stop WNW from molding SE5a's, D.H.2's or Pfalz DIII's. Their choices seem to stem from whim and not the market, which means get your favorite while you can--they may be a long time gone.
[/quote]

Au contraire, the decision to make the SE 5, Dh2 and Pfalz were made long before Roden did theirs, all choices are what Sir PJ wants so yes it is wise to buy them as soon as possible.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline zavod44

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2017, 02:30:21 AM »
Wow! A Taube. Isn't the Taube what a lot of people were hoping Wingnut Wings would do someday?

Yes! I for one never thought they'd do one; this is incredibly cool news. What an amazing company.

Who would have thought five years back that there would be a 1:32 Taube Kit on the market today? I guess after the Felixstowe anything is possible?! Amazing!
Cheers,
Lance

Who would have thought five weeks back when WNW was on the brink of closing and everyone was up in arms, that there would be a 1:32 Taube out today (oh and six boxings of the Camel, and another Fokker DVII).....

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2017, 02:34:09 AM »
Their death (WNW) was greatly exaggerated...    :o

Online Borsos

« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2017, 04:53:56 AM »

;D ;D ;D
Pies iesu dominem
dona eis requiem....
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline FarEast

« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2017, 02:14:34 PM »
Oh guys I'm officially allowed to tell you that the Fokker D.VII Early uses exactly the same plastic as the Fokker D.VII (FOK), however the Early boxing has updated Photoetching and different decals (Obviously) David Johnson will compare the two P.E sprues from the Early and the (FOK) D.VII and will confirm if you can build the D.VII from the same kit. This is very good news for those that missed the first round of D.VII and wish to build the D.VII (FOK).

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2017, 03:29:21 PM »
Curious to see the PE! I'm already thinking that I can use this boxing of the DVII to put decals on from the first boxing. I may have to buy a few.
 Is it crazy to have 10-ish of the DVII type alone?

Online Borsos

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2017, 03:35:36 PM »
Curious to see the PE! I'm already thinking that I can use this boxing of the DVII to put decals on from the first boxing. I may have to buy a few.
 Is it crazy to have 10-ish of the DVII type alone?

Are you kidding? Is it crazy to have more models in stash than to be able to build at one time? My wife asks me that frequently... Of course it is not! Necessity never is crazy. When wil the rest of the world understand us? ;D
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2017, 05:04:34 PM »
You'd think a Spad XIII would be a license to print money, but Sir Peter remains a Francophobe.
He does/is? Tell that to his original Hanriot HD.1!
Zac in NZ