Author Topic: What's on your build list?  (Read 3018 times)

mike in calif

Re: What's on your build list?
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2013, 02:48:00 PM »
One WWI, one WWII, one Tank, and one 1/16 figure. I don't have ahdd adhd!

Offline Zabu

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2013, 11:12:46 AM »
Well, in my case it's quite simple.

I plan to build  the ww1 scouts. Started by building a Fokker D.VIIF, but then went to Fokker E.III when i though to myself "Why not to build them in some sort of chronological way?".

So that's what i'll try to do. I'm slowly building a Pfaz E.I right now, my next will be the Pfaz E.IV and Fokker E.IV, the i'll move on to the British and French from same period and so on.

Cheers

Offline gcn

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2013, 06:02:35 PM »
Just finished an Albatros that sat on the shelf of doom for a few months while the mojo went South and now halfway through a Pfalz D.xii that was started as an attempt to recover the mojo.

Next up will be something Sopwith related.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 06:43:49 PM »
Hello gcn

I love your idea of the shelf of doom. In my case it would be more like the waiting room cupboard of started models that have yet to be finished. I began to list these and was shocked by just how many there are. There's nothing wrong with them, but like a butterfly I've just fluttered on. So my next task will be something that's waiting there to be finished. Maybe my Eduard 1/48 Camel which is not too far off, or even the Tamiya Swordfish which, I discovered to my surprise the other day, already has the fuselage all sealed up.

Best wishes
Nigel

Dekenba

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2013, 08:48:44 PM »
I'm afraid that everything on my build list has taken a back seat to my latest, HPH's Walrus.

It's a real beaut and not a single sprue anywhere!

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2013, 04:22:53 AM »
My build list is, so far...the WnW Pfalz, Sopwith Pup, Special Hobby Nieuport 11 bebe, but
I am wavering after seeing Jacek's wonderful Albatros! I...must...be...strong... ;) ;D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline IanB

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2013, 12:29:42 PM »
My weak point has been group builds!
 I have 2 unfinished (Airfix Hannover and Meikraft SPAD XIII) and 2 on the go (Ilya Muromets and Pegasus Bristol M1C). After I have finished the current ones, I WILL finish the other two, then look to something else. I don't like having more than one on the go but got distracted a little - also waiting for decals/details has held me up a little.
  I have 2 kits that I have had since the 70's - Airfix's 1:24 Stuka and 1:12 Bentley Blower and I have promised myself I will get at least one of those done next year.....
hmmm, but that Meikraft Caproni CA3, or  Roden Staaken with the Orion lozenge, or Airfix HP 0/400, or the Joystick Dorand AR1, or the Aeroclub Short 184.....
 or maybe something completely differant - I got back into the hobby 3 years ago and my first build was the Revell Fokker E.III - I now have the Eduard Profipack of the same and really want to build that as a "progress meter" so I can see just how far I've come... ;)

decisions, decisions.....

Ian

Online pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2013, 12:44:56 PM »
WNW Pup, Hasegawa Ju87D-8 (move along nothing to see here) Roden 1/32 Dr1...the list but not the activity.....

Steve

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2013, 09:56:35 PM »
from the top of my head and not in any particular order after #1 (which will probably take into 2014)
1). to finish WnW Roland DVIa
2). WnW RE.8
3). 1:24 Revell Mercedes-Benz Uhlenhaut Coupe
4). 1:72 Roden Felixstowne F2A
5). 1:48 Eduard P-38j Lighting
6). 1:72 Eduard Fokker Dr1 stripdown
some armor projects, some figures but they are not planned and will be done spountaneously
Think globally, act locally!

Online RAGIII

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2013, 10:35:22 AM »
Just noticed this thread so....
1. My Current WNW DVIIF
2. WNW Albatros DVa
3. WNW Snipe or Pup
4. Special Hobby Nieuport 16 Lafayette
5. Roden Fokker Dr1
6. Roden Pfalz DIII
7. Roden DH2
and so on
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2013, 07:59:59 PM »
Trouble is, every time I see one of you guys amazing models, I want
to do that one and the list changes. ;) ;D  Sometimes I feel like I'm chasing my tail. ;D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »
I can't make up my mind. I have a stalled 1/48 Nieuport 28 that I should finish, but just lack interest in working on it again. I'm leaning towards one of these three:

Hi Tech Breguet 14
Lone Star Lohner L
Roden Sopwith 1 1/2 strutter.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2013, 10:58:22 PM »
Just about the worst thing I can go is to go rooting around in the model cupboard to see what's next.

The other day I found in no particular order

• A Tamiya Swordfish which, to my surprise, I found with the fuselage all sealed up and ready to go - I can't remember doing that but ...
  • A three-quarter completed Special Hobby (?) Blackburn Skua....
  • An Italeri Il-2 (ex Accurate Miniatures) with internal airframe parts painted - If only I could remember where I read about that particular interior colour ...
  • A Classic Airframes Westland Whirlwind just awaiting the canopy and undercarriage to be sorted....
  • Then for heaven's sake there a Trumpeter 1/350 HMS Hood in dry dock being repaired following stupid, careless serious damage to the bow...
  • And a Trumpeter 1700 HMS Hood where I apparently under-coated the decks at some stage...
  • Oh, and yes, the wood and glass display case I made for the Academy 1/350 Graf Spee ....
  • Not to mention the Tamiya 1/35 Panther waiting just the fitting of the Model Kasten tracks and some bits and pieces....
  • Or the Wars of the Roses and English Civil War 28mm figures that aren't far off varnishing and basing...

But more to the point, there's an Eduard 1/48 Sopwith Camel not too far off, once I've figured out how to conceal the great gaps between the main frames of the wings and the ailerons - something which I knew about long before applying any paint. How could I have been so stupid ...

An Eduard 1/48 Sopwith Triplane that's about half done....

And in pole position, the Eduard 1/48 EV, now that I have received replacements for some damaged parts, and just waiting on a break in work work and my reconciling the evidence friends on the forum have provided in terms of the number of stripes on the upper and lower wing surfaces.

Pathetic eh! What a butterfly!

Perhaps full retirement next year will help.

Best wishes
Nigel
[/list]

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2013, 08:53:16 AM »
My weak point has been group builds!
 I have 2 unfinished (Airfix Hannover and Meikraft SPAD XIII) and 2 on the go (Ilya Muromets and Pegasus Bristol M1C). After I have finished the current ones, I WILL finish the other two, then look to something else. I don't like having more than one on the go but got distracted a little - also waiting for decals/details has held me up a little.
  I have 2 kits that I have had since the 70's - Airfix's 1:24 Stuka and 1:12 Bentley Blower and I have promised myself I will get at least one of those done next year.....
hmmm, but that Meikraft Caproni CA3, or  Roden Staaken with the Orion lozenge, or Airfix HP 0/400, or the Joystick Dorand AR1, or the Aeroclub Short 184.....
 or maybe something completely differant - I got back into the hobby 3 years ago and my first build was the Revell Fokker E.III - I now have the Eduard Profipack of the same and really want to build that as a "progress meter" so I can see just how far I've come... ;)

decisions, decisions.....

Ian

Ian I hope your original Blower kit is better quality than the 2012 re-release.  I have almost completed this and have long since given up trying to get rid of the excess flash etc, especially on the chrome parts.  Makes an impressive looking model, but needs too much work on every component.  A pig of a kit for WNW Gotha money!

Back to the point.  Next on my list is the WNW Alb Dva with Bavarian decals.  Can't wait to start on the Eindekker and sopwith tripe, and I have a few Dr1s still waiting.  Beyond WWI there is the Trumpeter 1:32 Me262 I picked up half price at the Waddington Airshow, a VW Revell samba bus to finish, and the Revell routemaster bus that I may finish in the livery of my local childhood bus company, even though they never operated that type...

And then there's....

Offline James

What's on your build list?
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2013, 09:35:36 AM »
Wingnut Wings Gotha G.IV
Wingnut Wings Rumpler C.IV Early
Hasegawa Ki-44 Tojo 1/32

1/48 Kits:
Revell B-17F - 2
Monogram B-17G
Monogram B-24D - 2
Monogram B-24J - 2
Hasegawa - P-38F/G/H
Hasegawa Ki-44 Tojo - 7
Hasegawa Ki-27 Nate Nomonhan Aces
Monogram P-47 Razorback and Bubbletop - 4
Pro Modeler SB2C Helldiver
Monogram B-25H
Monogram B-26
Monogram A-26
AMT A-20
AMT P-70 Nightfighter
Accurate Miniatures TBF-1C Avenger
Monogram P-51B
Hasagawa A6M2 Model 11 Zero
Tamiya F-84G
Revell F-84G
Monogram F-80
Hasegawa F4U-4
Monogram F-86
Monogram OS2U Kingfisher
Monogram B-29
Monogram P-61

That's all I can think of at the moment. There may be more at home in the stash. I haven't built a model in close to twenty years, and I really want to, but I'm kinda scared after seeing what you guys have done on here that mine may be pathetic compared to some of y'alls. I know that's a lame excuse. I guess i feel intimidated somewhat from what I've seen other people do. I know it is supposed to be fun and having fun building....

I would also trade any number of these for a Wingnut Wings Fokker E.I or Fokker D.VII (Alb).
Axes Grind and Maces Clash