Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 433183 times)

Offline Russell

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2160 on: May 11, 2017, 04:28:09 PM »
SPAD XIII, 504K, Nieuport 17, 1 1/2 Strutter.

But I think we all agree on one thing: Bring on the BEs!!!

Well none of the above for me thanks but I do agree that it's perhaps time for a 'surprise' British/French/US subject to be released for those who like 'green'. I know the Camel has just come out but its gestation period was about double that of the real thing.

Regards
Russell

Bactrian camel gestation = 13 months (go & impress friends with that knowledge ;))

Offline janh

« Reply #2161 on: May 11, 2017, 08:05:54 PM »

surprise release 7-2017

3 kits that can be built as either the D.V or D.Va with 11 schemes to choose from!
credit to Beaver Corp, Wingnut Wings Fans (Francisco Guedes) and James Machin
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:52:18 PM by janh »

Offline petrov27

« Reply #2162 on: May 11, 2017, 10:28:42 PM »
wow - that is a nice boxing to say the least! I already have a couple of their Albs in the stash but just the fantastic box art, decals, presentation and no doubt the included instruction book with pics make this another tempting purchase here...
-Patrick

Offline Borsos

« Reply #2163 on: May 11, 2017, 10:33:34 PM »
That cries for a huge Jasta 5 diorama... If I had the display space for that....
But nevertheless: You can hardly dress an Albatross better than in Jasta 5 colours, so this looks really attractive.

Oh yes, we do!!!
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2164 on: May 11, 2017, 11:43:44 PM »

surprise release 7-2017

3 kits that can be built as either the D.V or D.Va with 11 schemes to choose from!
credit to Beaver Corp, Wingnut Wings Fans (Francisco Guedes) and James Machin

Now this has my attention. Perhaps needs its own thread here in whats new.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline zavod44

« Reply #2165 on: May 12, 2017, 01:32:29 AM »
SPAD XIII, 504K, Nieuport 17, 1 1/2 Strutter.

No go for me....maybe  Spad XIII

Offline Russell

« Reply #2166 on: May 12, 2017, 05:06:07 AM »
Never mind alla that pap...

0/400 bomber.
 Vimy bomber.

'bout time for a twin engine Brit.

HpH have a O/400 kit in development.

Offline rolanddvi

« Reply #2167 on: May 12, 2017, 08:07:33 AM »
Is there a meaning to the Japanese symbols on the box?

Mike

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #2168 on: May 12, 2017, 08:18:15 AM »

Mike

Maybe just to help sales in Japan ????

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #2169 on: May 12, 2017, 09:01:51 AM »
Mike
The Japanese symbols are evidently on a poster of the box artwork. The pictures are from a model show in Japan and the poster announces in kanji or kana that this is news exclusively released at this show. There are pictures of the actual box with no Japanese symbols displayed.

Evidently going to sell for 189USD, or effectively 3kits for the price of 2. Info from the Fans Facebook page.

Offline FarEast

« Reply #2170 on: May 12, 2017, 11:56:41 AM »
As the one that got the scoop I can answer all those question:

MRSP will be $189 USD excluding shipping and local Taxes
Japanese Kanji says "Venue Release" or in other words "Venue Exclusive" Beaver Corp (HLJ) was asked to Promo the kit at the show and being a Japan resident I was able to get the scoop on it.

The official release date for this news by other outlets is the 13th.

Offline GrahamB

« Reply #2171 on: May 12, 2017, 05:55:56 PM »
I don't see the excitement. Restricting people to buy more expensive products to get a wanted type that is out of normal production (cf. LVG VI with Camel) is cynical. Why not just re-release the Albatros DV series (and Fokker DVII) a single kits?
Cheers
GrahamB

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2172 on: May 12, 2017, 06:06:09 PM »
I was lucky to build one Albatros D.V. And it is enough for me. So I partly share Graham's feeling. But as for LVG I welcome the recent release, especially that I will build a pair of Camels, too.
Well, we live in the world of constant changes and news. And the news is that Albatros is re-released. With a new attractive boxart. And a new WNW kit format - after single kits and duellists we see the birth of trilogy(-ies?). With this release I see a chance for further ones in the line. How about a triple Sopwith Triplane package with a pack of markings from Black Flight? Or DH.2s from 24th or 32nd RFC Squadron?
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline aliluke

« Reply #2173 on: May 12, 2017, 09:33:03 PM »
I don't see the excitement. Restricting people to buy more expensive products to get a wanted type that is out of normal production (cf. LVG VI with Camel) is cynical. Why not just re-release the Albatros DV series (and Fokker DVII) a single kits?
Cheers
GrahamB

Marketing strategy Graham - simple as. WNW want you to be tempted by a new offering. Triple kitting is easy when all the bits have already been cast. They don't care how many kits are actually built - unassembled is what they sell. How many kits by WNW or any manufacturer are sitting in cupboards opened but otherwise untouched? In my previous pursuit of wooden model ship models the estimate was about 5% of sold kits made it to completion!

So if they reissued a single plane it'd just be a repeat - an Airfix -  but all three - wow - a new audience and very little skin off WNW's nose. Ditto the LVG - brilliant to re-package it with a Camel. Not the same LVG kit but an entirely new one because it comes with a Camel! Buy now! Get a Camel for free (certainly it would be free if you bought after the Sold Out sign for the LVG went up). So you buy the twin or triple kit to get the kit you missed out on but it costs a lot more - never mind. Then you might build one of them if that. That is marketing.

WNW loves people who collect kits. If they waited for each kit that was bought to be built they'd be out of business. They love cupboards fill of unbuilt kits. They love tempting us to buy in the vain hope we will build them all. No fault them - they are in a business and they make a great product which they seduce the faithful with their kits so that we fill our cupboards with boxes of never to be assembled plastic bits.

All power to them. This is not a criticism - they are very clever at all levels.

I'm guilty of a minor cupboard fill of kits but won't buy any more. That is until the Taube shows up... ::) ...and this little trilogy looks pretty cool too...as does the new HPH offering shortly to be released...and how tempted I am by the CSM kits...

Cheers
A

A
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Offline Jim

« Reply #2174 on: May 12, 2017, 09:36:27 PM »
...And a new WNW kit format - after single kits and duellists we see the birth of trilogy(-ies?). With this release I see a chance for further ones in the line. How about a triple Sopwith Triplane package with a pack of markings from Black Flight? Or DH.2s from 24th or 32nd RFC Squadron?

It's not Peter Jackson's style to drag something out just so he can make a trilogy of it, is it? ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 10:10:24 PM by Jim »
Woof!