Author Topic: A late ‘hello’ from Wiltshire UK  (Read 39 times)

Offline TeeELL

A late ‘hello’ from Wiltshire UK
« on: Today at 05:03:48 AM »
Late, well yes, but only by 6 years!  By chance I ‘found’ this forum via a post on another - I thought that I’d join only to discover that I already had, back in 2018.  I’ve checked back and cannot find an earlier ‘hello’ from me.
I am a retired RAF pilot and, amongst other aircraft and other Squadrons, I flew the F4 on 29(F) Sqn; I am presently making models of the types ‘29 flew.  As one of the earliest ‘fighter squadrons’ I have the dubious pleasure of having to build a model Airco DH2 plus various Nieuports and the SE5a.
I look forward to being a member of the community.

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
Re: A late ‘hello’ from Wiltshire UK
« Reply #1 on: Today at 05:20:01 AM »
Hello Sir,
Welcome to the forum!
Enjoy your time here with us.

Cheers,
Bob  :)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:43:49 AM »
Welcome to the forum.
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!

Offline Davos522

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:07:27 AM »
Glad to have you aboard, and I’m sure you'll have a fine time collecting all of the a/c 29 Sqdn flew, what scale are you working in? S.E.s, Snipes, and DH.2s are easy to find, but the Grebe and Siskin might be a bit of a challenge. And I loved the Phantom, my brother was a weapons mechanic on them at DaNang in 1971-72. Nothing pretty about them but they sure could haul ordnance... and haul it fast.

Dutch

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:50:31 PM »
Welcome aboard the best online modeling forum you could ask for from another retired Fighter Pilot now flying a modelling bench.(CF-5's, Voodoos, and Hornets) You'll find all the support, knowledge, and advice you ask for right here and a friendly place to share your enthusiasm and enjoyment of the hobby.
Cheers,
Lance