Modelers Lounge > The World of Scale Models

1/72nd scale F4F-4 Wildcats over Casablanca( And Others)

<< < (2/12) > >>

DaveB:
Another great job from your stable, Rick -

I note you have added some aftermarket parts, but was the standard kit reasonable?

Regards

Dave

bobs_buckles:
Lovely work, Rick  ;)
The subtle weathering is on point.

Well done
Cheers,
Bob   :)

RAGIII:

--- Quote from: Borsos on July 06, 2023, 02:59:51 PM ---To see a Wildcat is always a pleasure, more so to see one in Torch markings!
Andreas

--- End quote ---

Thanks Andreas. I sold a couple of things and got the Arma F4F-4. So another Wildcat in 1/72nd scale will eventually appear in Operation Torch Markings  ::)
RAGIII

--- Quote from: kensar on July 06, 2023, 09:35:02 PM ---Really good looking weathering.  You're mastering that skill!

--- End quote ---

Thanks Ken. Greatly appreciated!
RAGIII

--- Quote from: pepperman42 on July 07, 2023, 12:09:35 AM ---Great results!

Steve

--- End quote ---

Thanks Steve!
RAGIII

--- Quote from: Davos522 on July 07, 2023, 02:40:00 AM ---Gorgeous build, Rick. I've always loved that scheme, my Dad missed Torch by a matter of a couple of months, but he had Wildcats Over Casablance and I read it a couple of times. I actually began research for a painting of an F4F dueling with a Curtiss Hawk 75 with the old Lafayette insignia and the red/yellow Vichy stripes, but it would have been a little too colorful...

Dave V.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Dave! The book is great, IMHO. I plan to do some of the other squadrons involved using the Arma kit and probably an Airfix Wildcat with Folded wings. I also want initially do a Hawk 75 in the markings you describe as well as a D520. Oddly I can't seem to locate either. I guess they are not in current production runs from anyone  :(
RAGIII

--- Quote from: DaveB on July 07, 2023, 05:44:46 AM ---Another great job from your stable, Rick -

I note you have added some aftermarket parts, but was the standard kit reasonable?

Regards

Dave

--- End quote ---

Thanks Dave! The original Interior is Very Basic!  A floor with side consoles, a basic seat, and Flat IP / Decal. There is No Detail in the gear well at all.
RAGIII

--- Quote from: bobs_buckles on July 07, 2023, 05:52:42 AM ---Lovely work, Rick  ;)
The subtle weathering is on point.

Well done
Cheers,
Bob   :)

--- End quote ---

Thanks Bob, Much Appreciated!
RAGIII

WD:
Beautiful work Rick, so glad the kit and other bits found a good home. ;)

Warren Dickinson :)

RAGIII:

--- Quote from: WD on July 13, 2023, 01:40:26 AM ---Beautiful work Rick, so glad the kit and other bits found a good home. ;)

Warren Dickinson :)

--- End quote ---

Thanks Warren. I appreciate the comment and doubly appreciate the kit and bits  ;D
RAGIII

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version